UBB.classic version 6.4 has been released to the Member Area.
UBB.classic™ 6.4 is a Major release that adds the following new features:
- Content Islands that allow you to feature your board's content on the rest of your site. The Content Islands also support RSS news feeds.
- A searchable Community Directory.
- The ability for an Admin to view the board when it is turned off.
- Simplified Upgrade procedures. The "Upgrade Button" will now run any necessary maintanance procedures for you.
- Today's Active Topics is now a rolling 24 hour period rather then rolling over at midnight every night. Great if you have users in more than one time zone.
- User passwords in the uber cookie are now MD5 hashes.
- User level based permission to allow users to set their own custom titles.
- Time based edit options. Allows users to only edit their posts within an admin settable time frame after posting.
- Time based "edit by" options. Admins can set when the "edited by" message should appear, if at all.
- Toggle for last post column (and contents) in forum summary.
- Toggle for last post column (and contents) in topic list.
- Forum summmary last post now links to the actual post.
- "Re: " is now added before replies to topics in forum summary.
- Forum name in <title> tag in topic list has been added.
- Added <label> tags & some CSS magic to forms in the control panel for greater usability & accessability.
Some important notes:
All of the scripts and templates have been updated. There are several updated files in the Modules directory. Be sure to replace ALL of them. The UBB Accelerator has also been updated so be sure to replace that php file if you've been skipping it.
There is one new variables file you'll need to remember to upload: vars_ci.cgi. Don't overwrite any of the other variables files, just add this if you haven't been running the beta. If you have been using the beta you'll already have this file.
We no longer provide the JC Templates downloads from our Member Area. JC will be maintaining the template sets and downloads at his site, http://www.ubbdesign.com
. Please check to make sure that JC has his updated template sets prepared and released before you upgrade to 6.4 beta if you are using the JC Template sets
Please note that we no longer include a separate set of documentation with the release zips. You should download and read the installation instructions from the UBB.classic™ support area before attempting to install this release. You can find the instructions at this URL: http://www.infopop.com/support/ubbclassic/docs.html
Also I'd like to thank the UBB.classic beta testers for all of their hard work this year. Thanks!
[This message was edited by David Dreezer on January 21, 2003 at 04:59 PM.]