Hop To
I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Hi,

I just lost these forums whilst on IE7.

I could ping and traceroute fine - but the display of both the forums and the main ubbcentral site just time out. I have had this a few times now over recent days/weeks.

However I have opened up firefox and all is fine - but IE7 continues to time out.

It always seems to happen when I am using the quick reply - not every time obviously - but everytime it happens I have just clicked submit on the quick reply.

Strange...

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
That is strange. I've been trying to use IE7 exclusively for the past week or so to see if I can duplicate any issues that have been reported and so far it's never locked up or frozen on my one single time. Definitely something odd going on. I did make a variety of changes to the javascript we use to get around some IE issues, possibly 7.0.2 will help with that.

But, not sure why you can't even get to the main page, that's a bit odd, nothing special about that at all. All other sites come up on IE7 when you can't get here?

M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
It has to be something different. I use IE7 exclusively and have 0 errors on the boards. They always load quick and without error.

Maybe reload IE7 or something. Also what level of phishing detection do you have it set on.. The phishing spends time scanning html for data scrubbers and it could be working improperly.

I haven't had any of these issues I have been reading lately about IE7.0 I use XP professional and IE 7 release version.

Happy Customer !!!
I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
phishing is turned off. I couldn't even reach the main ubbcentral site - it just timed out. I do not get this issue with any other site frown

The thing is 99% of the time it is no problem, the site is fast.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I've experienced this issue as well. Just a few minutes ago.

99% of the time all is fine. The site loads no problem and going from forum to forum works well. Then out of the blue when I click a link nothing happens for maybe a minute. Then normally if I just wait all starts working again.

I have Disabled Phishing (not just turned it off) FireFox does not seem to have this issue (at least not so far)

A friend of mine actually gets lock ups sometimes when visiting this site via IE to the point he has to reset his router he says (though maybe like my issue if he waits it out, it starts to work again) When he uses FireFox no problem.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'm still trying to figure out why this is happening. Been using IE exclusively here for at least 2 weeks not and haven't had a single glitch. If anyone notices any pattern at all whatsoever it might help, like any particular links being open, browsing using multiple tabs, etc.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not sure, it hung on me in IE7 again for about a minute.

I'm replying here from FF but if I notice any specific behavior I'll post. I can say that so far this is the only site that I've seen behave this way for me with IE7

I'll try and browse the site some from work on an IE6 system and see if it happens with IE6 as well.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well I actually just experienced a similar issue with FireFox 2.0 on my own site. I suppose it could have been a fluke or some other lag - but thought I would mention it in case anyone else runs into similar issue with FF as well.

Overall FF (for what ever reason) is better for use with UBBT (imho) than IE6,7 Though I don't like how FF views some other sites I suppose it's a trade off.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
I'm the friend Doc is mentioning above who is having problems. I'm actually still using IE6. I can usually navigate this site through a couple of threads and then it just hangs. I think Doc is right, if I wait long enough, it starts working again, but its far quicker to just restart the router. If I use FF no problems.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Is that me?

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Is that me?

I guess, if you think you look like the dog... wink

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
Is that me?
Been cloning yourself again 'eh AA?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
AA is a clone in the first place I think wink

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Ian
AA is a clone in the first place I think wink
Be afraid... be very afraid...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
LOL

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I wish I could figure out what's going on with IE. I've relegated myself to use IE only whenever visiting here to see if I can duplicate the problem. So far I haven't had a single lockup or hang.

I
Ian
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
I must admit that I have not had any issues recently. smile

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
I'm not claiming I've got the solution, but I can tell you I've been using your site for the past 5 minutes or so with no lockups. In the past few months I've had two customers who absolutely could not log into ebay. I found a suggestion that said it might have something to do with the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit). Changing the MTU on their routers to 1492 (from 1500)immediately fixed the problem. So I gave this a try just now on my router... and so far so good.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
30 mins or so now... no problems at all... smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Link for Windows XP users from Microsoft. If it actually works.
Have not tried it yet so far myself.

HOW TO: Change the Default Maximum ...r PPP Connections or for VPN Connections

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Unfortunately, its still doing it. I waited a good five minutes before reseting my internet connection. Once I restarted the router, I could browse this site again.

So I guess we still have to keep looking for a solution.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 553 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29