Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I'm running into an interesting scenario with PMs. I provide moderation and administrative feedback to members via PMs. Things like signature images that are too large, avatars that are inappropriate, warnings for inappropriate behavior, etc.

If the user has read the PM, then unsubscribes from the PM without replying, there is no record in the PM of that original participant. The 'Participants' box only shows my ID, and the 'unread by: none' indication is of no help.

With a large number of PMs over time, there's no way to remember who you sent the PM to in this situation, making future moderation awkward and repetitive, and removes any 'documentation' that may be required for future actions.

I recommend adding some archiving of all of the participants who were active in the PM, even if they have unsubscribed from the PM. One possible implementation would be to reverse the 'Unread by:' indicator, turning it into a 'Read by:' indicator. Even with that implementation however, the user(s) could delete the PM without reading the PM and you'd be left with no indication of the original participant(s).

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Along these lines is it possible (probably not right now) to disable e-mails for Group PM but still allow e-mails for Single PM

When part of a Group PM I don't really want an e-mail every time someone replies, but on normal PMs I do.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29