NOTE: This requires an IIS restart which may be an issue if it is a production server that needs this update.
I'm going through install.php and when I proceed to database check, the page doesn't seem to load all the way. All that comes up is "step 3" "connecting to database". It doesn't say "pass" or "fail", just stops at connecting to database.
You already answered yourself, but I figured that I'd elaborate a little bit more.
This is because you have an install of PHP5 and PHP5 no longer comes with the MySQL extension by default anymore (per the PHP manual's section on extensions in Windows
You must download the extension from MySQL themselves via the link: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/
Follow the directions under the heading How do I install the mysql/mysqli extensions for PHP?
or just follow mine which are specific to a default Win32 install (note that my PHP install directory is C:\Program Files\PHP
1) Since no extensions directory is created by default you need to create your own. I chose C:\Program Files\PHP\extensions
for mine. NOTE: I didn't have to change any security settings for the IUSR_ account on mine since it was in Program Files.
2) There are only 2 files in the downloaded zip file
: php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll
- php_mysql.dll - Copy to C:\Program Files\PHP\extensions
- libmysql.dll - Copy to C:\Program Files\PHP
3) Edit your php.ini
file (located at C:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini
for me) making the following changes:
- Set or create the line: extension_dir = "c:\Program Files\PHP\extensions"
- Uncomment or add the line: extension=php_mysql.dll
4) Now you must restart IIS to get PHP to load the changes to the php.ini
file. This can be done through the IIS Manager or by using the command IISRESET
on the Command Prompt window on the server.Now your ubb.Threads install will rock right through Step 3!