Print Thread
Hop To
#194217 08/09/2007 6:45 PM
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
OK, customising my board:

I plan to put a header (banner) at the top of my boards, and a link table w/ background graphic on the left of my boards.

If I create the background/link table in something like NVU or Dreamweaver, can I just copy the HTML source code from there and plop it into the proper boxes in the control panel? Or is there more to it?

Again, tutorials would be nice if anyone knows where I could find one! I have no problem learning how to customise the board the way I want to, I just don't really want to take a month to learn HTML, css, java, and all that other jazz. So, if anyone could point me to a good tutorial, that would be great.

If not, maybe someone could give me some help? Maybe I could pay for said help (depending on price)?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
well, if it's going in the header, then you'd drop it into the header insert in the cp; I do this at UGN Security (see my sig).

Be sure though, if you're using a program such as Dream Weaver or Front Page that you only copy the new content, most of these programs will add extra meta tags and html that you DO NOT NEED...

And if you're looking for a contractor to help you through things, I'm always available.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Do you have ICQ or AIM?

Last edited by Atticus[New]; 08/09/2007 7:15 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Check your pm

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29