Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I created accounts for all 200 or so of our employees under the assumption that what I'd selected as the default date/time format (under UBB display settings) would also be the default for each user when logged in. I just found out that every one of them has it all set up differently (European style, with the day first) - do I really have to edit every single person's settings, or have every single person do it themselves? Is there any way to change all users' settings to the same date format by default?

Thanks for your help.

whk Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Log in as administrator and in the control panel under "Tools & Info" click on "Database Tools", then click on the "SQL Command" tab.

Cut and paste the following into the Query box, then click the "Execute" button:

update ubbt_USER_PROFILE
set USER_TIME_FORMAT = 'd/m/y | h:i A'

You can run the following to change the default for new users to that format:

alter table ubbt_USER_PROFILE
change USER_TIME_FORMAT USER_TIME_FORMAT varchar(30) not null default 'd/m/y | h:i A'

or in the control panel select under "Display Options", "General", then click on the "Date & Time" tab. You can paste the desired date & time format into the "Default Time Format" field.

Last edited by whk; 10/06/2010 10:21 PM. Reason: added "Display Options" method for changing time format
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Sorry for the belated reply - I meant to tell you that this worked wonders. THANK YOU!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler), 615 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29