Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
whk
Journeyman
Journeyman
Ok - I screwed up and didn't read the line on the content rebuilder, but really want to go back to the total post count....

Rebuild Post Counts
Select this option if you want the user's post count to reflect his current number of posts, and not how many he has ever made.
WARNING: There is no undoing this once this is clicked.

I assume that there would need to be an intensive script that would go through every user and recount all the posts. Has anyone been able to do this? We have over 500 users.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Basically there isn't a way to get the old post counts back. When it rebuilds it goes through all posts and counts the number of posts currently in the database that each user has. So, basically any posts that they've made that may have been purged/deleted will be removed from their post count.

Since those posts are no longer in the database, there isn't a way to get the original post totals back.

whk
Journeyman
Journeyman
Rick - I noted that if I look at a user's profile, then click on the "Show Users Post" link on the menu, it builds an extensive list of all posts made. Is there a way for whatever function used to build this to be adopted to recreate the post count?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you rebuild user post counts then it should do just that. It should grab all of the posts for each user in the database and update their post count to reflect the actual current count.

whk
Journeyman
Journeyman
Ok - that fixed it just by running it again. For some reason, last time I ran it, all the posts got reset to zero, and it started counting up again. I'm back to where I want to be now.

Thanks Rick!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29