#249048 05/05/2012 4:02 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
OS= Windows Vista
Website=www.Tarpa.com
Installing 7.5.5p2

Yesterday I downloaded the 7.5.5p2 Patch and extracted the files. I then replaced the corresponding files with the new ones.

Admin/doaddimageohp
Languages/English/Admin/doaddimage.php
Libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
Libs/ubbthreads.user.inc.php
Scripts/sendprivate.inc.php

When I click on Left Menu item "Message Board" I get the following message:

NOT FOUND

The requested URL /cgi-bin/php/forum/ubbthreads.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have attempted to troubleshoot but I am failing. Can someone go in and restore those 5 files to the 7.5.5 version? or can you lead me to a solution?

Thanks,
Bob Willcutts
Tarpa.com
Admin

M
M Offline
Are you really sure you were running 7.5.5 prior to this?

The path you list tells me your board was running UBB Classic. As in "cgi-bin".

What do you mean by the OS being Vista? Does that mean that the "server" hosting the forum is running Vista? If so... Way bad idea. But that is kind of beside the point.

Did you take any notes about what you did?

Looks like a job for Gizmo Man.

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Are you really sure you were running 7.5.5 prior to this? YES

he path you list tells me your board was running UBB Classic. As in "cgi-bin". YES

What do you mean by the OS being Vista? Does that mean that the "server" hosting the forum is running Vista? If so... Way bad idea. But that is kind of beside the point: My computer's OS is Windows Vista with all updates applied.

Did you take any notes about what you did? YES, I downloaded the ubbthreads patch, Version 7.5.5p2. I then unzipped the files and there were five (5) files. The instructions tell me to copy these files into the appropriate directories. After that the one menu button on our Home Page titled MSG BOARD failed to work.
The error message shows a path that is not correct.

Thanks, Mike L. your input is appreciated.

capnbob

addict
addict
Capn I think if you have a link that is wrong after the update you would look for the cfg file where you can just change the links to be correct... if you give me a sec I can do a quick look on my forums server and get the exact path to write it out for you so you don't have to go searching. One min.

Dunny

addict
addict
ok Just looked it up (I knew where to find it, just wanted to remember the proper names of stuff)...

In your includes folder look for config.inc.php look for the links that may be bad edit them to be correct... then make sure you save, then close the folder... try logging into your boards and see if the link is fixed.

Let us know if that isn't it (or if it is) so we can try to help a little more.

Dunny

Dunny has you on the correct track to start checking.

But my question is like Dunny the path indicates a ubb classic installation. There is no reason to have a path to cgi-bin when ubb threads does not use cgi.
There is no way that the five patch files would change your config.inc.php file which contains all the path settings.

So I get down to why did you install the patch, did you already have some problems. Hoping the patch would correct it?

So I am thinking either you have been hacked already hoping the patch will fix it.( Not true)

Or something else has changed on your server. That impacts the paths you were using.

Last edited by Ruben; 05/06/2012 3:33 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Dunny,

I checked the suggested cfg file in the includes directory. Nothing in there that had changed.

capnbob thanks you

Originally Posted by capnbob
Dunny,

I checked the suggested cfg file in the includes directory. Nothing in there that had changed.

capnbob thanks you

So are you stating that you still have a problem?

If you do, then I suggest you have someone have access to your ftp account as well as the control panel to double check your settings.

Last edited by Ruben; 05/06/2012 5:17 PM.

Blue Man Group
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Ruben,

I am not certain about the "ubb Classic" installation. What ever is there was in when I took over this web site. The files were a mess and it has taken some time to clear things up. Every link was working prior to applying the 7.5.5p2 patch as directed.

I applied the patch as recommended by ubbThreads.

The link that I am having problems with has path:
http://tarpa.com/web/forum/ubbthreads.php
The link that appears in the error message is as follows:
NOT FOUND

The requested URL /cgi-bin/php/forum/ubbthreads.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I cannot find a directory with Name PHP.on my server.

I am wondering why the error message shows a path that is different from the actual link.

Thanks for your guidance.

Capnbob

Okay.
What probably needs to happen is have someone takes a peek with what is going on. With access to your site.
Because you probably don't want to publish your URl's.
I suggest to either open a support ticket with UBB or ask for assistance from another member will9ing to help,

Blue Man Group
M
M Offline
It does not appear that any one of us can help you further without FTP access to your site and CP access to your forums. As well, you might need to give access to your web site's CP.

You do not know me from atom, but if you feel trusting, I can take a look at things to see what's going on. You would need to PM me the access mentioned above.

And just so you know, the OS of your computer is not likely to have a bearing on this issue. In general, baring a virus, the OS of the computer you use to access your site cannot cause a problem such as this.

I have some time this evening, and next. Up to you. Free of charge. No promises of a fix, but I will not make it any worse either. wink

addict
addict
Ok I think I have an idea here. You want to use the msg board link from your main site to link to your forums....

2 things I have noticed.. going to your primary site the link needs to be changed on that web page to the correct one. A link that attaches to your board.

The other is that your apache server is still trying to connect to the old link (which was the previous threads version cgi).

I believe (by looking at the link above) that you have your forums folder inside a folder called cgi.bin.

Recommendations-

Do a full back-up of your data base.
Create a folder for just your forums...
Do a fresh install of the forum software (with the latest version of ubb. Follow the help me guide on the download page as it will tell you what permissions to set.
Make sure your apache server has the correct addressing and linking in your server.

Other than to go that route- I would probably put a support ticket in, and/or get with Gizmo or SD here as they have done a lot of work in the past to help people get back up and running.

Dunny

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Dunny,

Thanks. The link for MESSAGE BOARD (Left menu Homepage, is reading : www.Tarpa.com/forum/ubbThreads.php

The link that appears in the error message contains a folder: PHP, which I do not have.

Please take a look at Tarpa.com you can access just about everything on the Home Page. You cannot access the DIRECTORY and you cannot interact on the MESSAGE BOARD (Forum)

I do have cgi.bin folder which contains some subfolders but I don't see ubbthreads.php.

I will keep looking and trying suggested fixes, please bear with me and thanks for your suggestions.

capnbob

Originally Posted by capnbob
Dunny,

Thanks. The link for MESSAGE BOARD (Left menu Homepage, is reading : www.Tarpa.com/forum/ubbThreads.php

The link that appears in the error message contains a folder: PHP, which I do not have.

Please take a look at Tarpa.com you can access just about everything on the Home Page. You cannot access the DIRECTORY and you cannot interact on the MESSAGE BOARD (Forum)

I do have cgi.bin folder which contains some subfolders but I don't see ubbthreads.php.

I will keep looking and trying suggested fixes, please bear with me and thanks for your suggestions.

capnbob
I think you missed Dunny's initial point.
You need to open the file config.inc.php with a text editor like notepad and search for a path similar to what you get on the error.
The reason being is something is looking for that location.
Granted it does not exist. That is why you have the error.

Once you can rule out it is a path issue with ubb scripts then you need to dig a little deeper.

Blue Man Group
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Ruben,

Turns out that our Server needed to turn something on which then allowed the PHP to work. I had UBBThreads Professionally install the latest version 7.5.6 and I got the message board working as well as a custom directory panel.

I then decided to backup our website and then republish all updated and necessary files with the intent of getting rid of a lot of old material on our site which has been handled by several individuals in the past few years.

I am in the middle of completing that.

I do have a question which has not yet been answered by SUPPORT
with the Ubbthreads ver 7.5.6 do we still have CGI-BIN files and are they required? Could you explain what those are for?

Thanks for your help!

Capnbob

cgi-bin files would have been left over from ubb classic not threads which used perl not php.
Guessing on what you have.
I would need to see a sample of some file names to know for sure.

But anyway ubbthreads is almost all files ending in .php and would not be normally installed in the cgi-bin folder.

Classic was most all .cgi and .pl files and would have been installed in the cgi-bin folder.

Blue Man Group

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29