Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Hi everyone

I really hope someone can help me solve a UBBthreads crash by my domain host provider.

In short they crashed my domain and they were doing a full restore today
Now they say they restored everything BUT the SQL databases they could not fix

Now when going to my forum all that is seen as the screenshot attached below below
Version is one less then what you show as the newest update
This UBB forum has been online since early days of mid to late 1990s and has countless important techie type of posts ( about 7,000), tons of Corvette (car) photos, video, etc and I really do not want to lose that history content

How can I fix, since I cannot get to main forum page I of course cannot then click on the control/admin to get there so what ways to fix the database issues
I would bet with the backup and restores host service did today that maybe the UBBthreads data base files can be recovered,

Shown below is all the databases I have, do not know which is for UBBthreads but tried the repair function for each and did not fix the problem

Please help as many of the users are world wide and this has been down now for over 24 hours so they have to wonder what or if the forum comes back
See both screenshots below

Thanks for any help
Attachments
ubbthreads.jpg ubb.jpg

JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Take and open the file libs/mysql.inc.php and look for a variable named "$showerror" (~line 269):
Code
		$showerror = 0;

Take and change that variable to a 1 and your forum will now print all of the mysql errors to the browser so that anyone can now view them; please take care to reverse this change when everything is working properly.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Thanks much for the reply Gizmo

Can you tell me how to get to the control admin webpage since the main forum page cannot run ?

This file you mention is this lib directly directly in the UBBthreads directory ?

Then if I can do what you mention what do I then do to correct those errors ?

JR
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
OK did what you stated and got the below so what can I do from this ?

Thanks

UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script: /home/teamzr5/public_html/ubbthreads/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 467
SQL Error: Table 'teamzr5_zc3.ubbt_USERS' doesn't exist
SQL Error #: 1146
Query: SELECT t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF,t2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT FROM ubbt_USERS as t1, ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t2 WHERE t1.USER_ID = 0 AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

JR
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Via the host server's Cpanel to Mysql function I see a zc3 as shown below
what is needed to get teamzr5_zc3.ubbt_USERS installed ?

Thanks
Attachments
ubuser.jpg

JR
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
In snooping around directories on host server I found a URL for Control panel
I then loaded it.

Not sure if this is for the version 7.5.x I have been using for some years or from a older version but when going to that URL instead of showing the CP it is as shown below and I did not want to try it as it might cause further problems and delete the countless posts/content forum had

Do I try this for a fix or someone lead me to whats needed to fix that SQL issue ?

Thanks
Attachments
cgi.jpg

JR
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by teamzr1
Can you tell me how to get to the control admin webpage since the main forum page cannot run ?
http://www.yoursite.tld/forum/admin/index.php

This file you mention is this lib directly directly in the UBBthreads directory ?
Yes, you must edit the file in a plain text editor such as Notepad, Edit+, or Notepad++.

Then if I can do what you mention what do I then do to correct those errors ?
Depends on the error, could just be that one of your tables crashed, in which case you'd run the repair command on the database.

It appears your error is: "SQL Error: Table 'teamzr5_zc3.ubbt_USERS' doesn't exist"; either the table has been deleted, the forum is set to use the wrong database, or something is drastically wrong...

You don't just "install" a table; the table should have already been there, that particular table is where ALL of your user data (login names, passwords, etc) without it you don't have any users on your forum.

To MANAGE the table you'd have to have a tool like PHPMyAdmin installed.

As for the CP you "found" (your CP won't work for Threads since your user table is broken) is for UBB.Classic, the predecessor to what you're running now (whoever did the upgrade for you should have set those files not to be executed for security).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
See if this helps

The error is
SQL Error: Table 'teamzr5_zc3.ubbt_USERS' doesn't exist

In using the PhpMyadmin on host server
zc3 exists but is empty

BUT if looking in zc2 I find the ubbt_USERS and it is there and shows all the users
as shown below

1. is there a way to copy zc2 into zc3 or have the forum look in zc2 and not zc3 and if so
what forum files would need to be changed to look in zc2 ?

Thanks
Attachments
zc2.jpg

JR
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You'd need to change the variable in includes/config.inc.php to reflect the different database name.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Before reading this I did was with PHPmyadmin exported all the tables from zc2 and then
exported them all to zc3 and that got both the forum and the control panel working

Problem is the newest posts and content on forum is back from 2010 :-(
so looks like the host provider did a number on me when they did restores
Forum does say it is version 7.5.6p2

Thanks

JR
I hate to tell you that you are probably hosed.
From your posts it appears that your newest database is zc3.
Zc2 will not help unless it is based on the same current version.
Which zc2 is possibly from a older version that you upgraded from in 2010?
Hence why all post are 2010 and older?

This is a reason that we should not rely on our hosts to make backups and restore them.

I have no idea what version you were using for zc3 or zc2 but I can tell you that the post you made above referencing cgi.jpg is from the classic version that does not work if you are using a newer version.
If you don't have a backup yourself your best option is to contact the host again.
And point out the fact that the zc3 database is blank, if that is in fact the database that you were currently using.
At best ask them to restore it again or from a older backup.
You may loose current posts but at least it will work again.Or be more current and correct.

Also copying a database from a older version of ubb to use on a newer version of ubb is not a good idea either. When you bypass the upgrade scripts.
The web page may report the correct version of UBB since you did not change the scripts but if the database tables are not formatted correctly for that version you looking for big time trouble.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
BtW,
I see that you have a recent posts island called:
C7 Techie
This currently has three current posts that are all broken.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29