Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Checking good old webmaster tools.
I was intrigued to find that I had over 500 Not Found Errors under the Smart phone section.
So after i examined the details i found the following.

That xxxxxx/m/xxxxxxx.html
and xxxxxx/mobile/xxxx.html

Were links not found, it will make more sense if your see this article. Click Me Web Master tools help

I dont have any /m/ or /mobile/ links so they are "Faulty Redirects"

Google say its nothing to be over concerned with but something else to keep in the mix.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
And then on the next page its saying via mobile searches my rankings could be demoted due to errors.
At the time of the screen shots im on 7.5.8 and the Better URL Sanitization for SEO had not been used.
Its food for thought and worth keeping an eye on. . .
at least a point of reference.

In context
933,228 Posts
69,585 Topics

[Linked Image]

Admin : Please enable Attachments in this thread please.

Last edited by Mark S; 09/06/2015 7:11 AM.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Mark S
That xxxxxx/m/xxxxxxx.html
and xxxxxx/mobile/xxxx.html

These are not UBB.threads style pages. Either Google is attempting to crawl pages that it found in a discussion on your site where "example urls" were talked about. Or you have third-party software who've created those links. Or the google webcrawler is overzealous and is attempting to find pages with your domain name, created by a "web monitoring" / "seo status" site (for example, "link-assistant dot com" or "semalt dot org")

As for your second post, unless you have "viewport" declared within the header of your indexed pages, they all will get flagged in GWMT's "Mobile Usability" section for not having it in there. If your pages are not mobile-friendly, a standard viewport entry will probably do more harm than good for your website's mobile device users. Beginning with version 7.6.0, UBB.threads will be mobile friendly.

Lastly, with the stock urls that were introduced within 7.5.8 (fixed in 7.6.0) you will have all sorts of errors in the Google Webmaster Tools. A lot of things are being put in the URL that are not supposed to be there. Stock 7.5.8/7.5.9 URLs are quite bad.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/255500#Post255500

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Originally Posted by id242
These are not UBB.threads style pages. Either Google is attempting to crawl pages that it found in a discussion on your site where "example urls" were talked about. Or you have third-party software who've created those links. Or the google webcrawler is overzealous and is attempting to find pages with your domain name, created by a "web monitoring" / "seo status" site (for example, "link-assistant dot com" or "semalt dot org")

I was surprised to find those links at all. . ..
I say its google webcrawler is overzealous

As for your second post, unless you have "viewport" declared within the header of your indexed pages, they all will get flagged in GWMT's "Mobile Usability" section for not having it in there. If your pages are not mobile-friendly, a standard viewport entry will probably do more harm than good for your website's mobile device users. Beginning with version 7.6.0, UBB.threads will be mobile friendly.

I knew nothing of Viewpoint until 6hrs ago.
I guess i dont have viewpoint enabled in my headers and need to look closer at that.

Lastly, with the stock urls that were introduced within 7.5.8 (fixed in 7.6.0) you will have all sorts of errors in the Google Webmaster Tools. A lot of things are being put in the URL that are not supposed to be there. Stock 7.5.8/7.5.9 URLs are quite bad.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/255500#Post255500

Thats a good link. Ive now implemented the Better URL Sanitization for SEO

Do you have a viewpoint html code to hand so i can paste it into my header via control panel.
I will have a dig and see what i can find and will post my findings.

Thank you for the feedback.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Mark, you can't just add a viewport to your header and expect it to work, it requires tweaking of a lot of elements to be mobile friendly.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Im just wanting to kid Google, when i added the meta tag on its own it shut Google up.

Im not trying to create a mobile theme just put a sticky plaster over Google.

I will have time to look at this again on Tuesday.

P. S. When ive added the meta tag it nocked out my forum title (which is a background image) on mobile and tablet views but im sure i can tweak that back into place, the desktop still looks ok.

I seen your comments on dev so i may just try that.

Ive been so busy with studies, ive not been up to speed with Google and so many other disciplines ive took my eye off the ball. So ive a bit of time now to catch up, hence im flapping like a chicken with how out of touch i have become. So im catching up as quick as i can.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29