Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J Offline
UBB 7.5.9

All users are missing the "Edit" link for their posts (it should appear during the allowable time but does not). For all forums, "Forum Permissions" has "Edit Post Time Limit" set to 60 minutes. Mods and Admins can edit normally.

I did a search here and didn't find any ideas to assist in troubleshooting.

Can anyone recommend things for me to check?

Thanks!

PS: Thanks to all who keep UBB going. In October 2016 will hit our 20th year using UBB. It's been a very useful to our community.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The values for "Edit post time limit" are in seconds, so a value of 60 would be 60 seconds (1 minute); 60 minutes would be 3600 seconds.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
J
J Offline
Gizmo,

Thanks. I'll try that. The instructions under "Edit Post Time Limit" says the value is in "minutes". Perhaps that can be updated with the next release?

Thanks!
Jake

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
That's weird, I could have sworn it was in seconds; try it and let me know if the expected behavior is there.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I just got some time to go and look at the showflat script, I guess the setting is in minutes (elsewhere we go by seconds, on other settings):
Code
		// Do they get an edit button?
		$edit_timer = $userob->check_access("forum","EDIT_POSTS",$topic_info['FORUM_ID']);
		$edit_now = time();
		$edit_window = $edit_timer * 60;
		$edit_good_until = $results[$i]['POST_POSTED_TIME'] + $edit_window;
		$still_editable = !$edit_timer ? true : ( $edit_now < $edit_good_until ? true : false) ;

Are you sure that every forums edit time field is set correctly? When you set the timer for 5 minutes on the admin group, does it display correctly for you?

Showing the show edit link.
Could this be a language file / css file update not in place.
Thats if what you mean is visibility?

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
J
J Offline
Yes, it's minutes.

I set it to 3600 and the link appeared. A few hours later the "Edit" link was still there for the test post. So I changed it back to "60" and and it did not appear for a new test post.

Then I noticed that the server time is off - Daylight Savings Time had not kicked in. So I changed the "Default Time Offset (Hours)" from -5 to -4. Prior to the change a post made 10 minutes ago did not have the edit link. Now it does.

I'm guessing the server does not have the patch issued in 2007 for the shift in Daylight Savings Time to start on the second Sunday in March.

I would not have thought that DST would affect anything regarding posts except the displayed time. But it appears it does.

Thanks!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the whole time system is getting updated in 7.6.0, if you edit your preferences here or at UBBDev you can see the new system were going towards (whereby users select their timezones and the server does the rest).

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 624 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29