Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Hi there,
i am going to use ubbcentral for my upcoming forum but, i have some question if anyone can help i will be very thankful to him.
Make user register and login only through twitter.

And such users who logged in through twitter can post.

It will be even better if a thread is automatically added to the twitter page of the thread poster.

If will be even better if the replies to the thread are automatically added to the reply to that twitter post.

(Would it be even possible to automatically assign a twitter account for the user when he register for my forum? Because a user might find it boring to have to go through the process of creating twitter account)

(

Allow entire forum to be anonymous forum.

Thread-starter can write a link like "google.com" and then the webpage screen frame of "google.com" will appear inside the thread, or appear as the 1st reply to the thread.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, first, there exists no Social Login feature, so you'll have to have someone develop it for you. Secondly, Twitter is a micro blogging platform, and as such only allows posts to be 140 characters long, so limiting posts on the UBB to be only that length seems like it'd be a bad idea (just imagine this post you just made only allowing you to do in 140 characters).

I could see a new thread URL being added to a feed, but that's about it, I don't really think that every post being propagated to Twitter being much use to anyone, this is a discussion board software, not really a micro blogging platform.

As for automatically signing a user up for Twitter, that's not really an option, plus I think it's against their authorized use agreement; as such, users would have to create their own account, and again, it'd be a lot of development to remove all of the login/registration/authentication bits from the UBB to force users to have to use Twitter as the only authentication medium.

As for "allow entire forum to be anonymous", you COULD do this in stock by just setting each forum to allow anonymous posting; but trust me, you'll end up dealing with a heartache of a lot of drive by spammers; plus, what happened to using Twitter as an authentication medium?

As for having frames autopopulate from URLs, you COULD setup a custom bbcode to do such a thing, but again, you'll be attracting spammers to your site allowing such a thing.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Here are two Twitter links on embedding a feed on a site that you might find handy:
Twitter for Websites
How to embed a timeline

Again, these are geared towards embedding a Twitter feed on your website.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Thank you so much for your great suggestions,help and time. i will rethink about it thanks

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Can you also please tell me about iframe. I have read that if i use iframe then my forum can be hacked by using js attack

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by walter
Can you also please tell me about iframe. I have read that if i use iframe then my forum can be hacked by using js attack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element#Frames

the problem is not so much when you use it, but when you allow any random person to create them on your forums by way of "allow posts using HTML" to all users. This is disabled by default and there are a few measures in place that help protect you. But ultimately, if you allow others to post pure HTML code in your forums, you're also allowing them access to build pages inside your pages.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29