Features
Documentation
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
UBBDev.com
UBBWiki.com
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ruben, JAISP), 79 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
id242
id242
California
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gizmo 19
id242 18
Ruben 9
ECNet 5
JAISP 4
whk 3
BB 2
Latest Photos
Some pictures for fun
test for attachment sizes
A gallery with animated GIFs
Lazy fox, drops, and a light house.
Welcome to poet
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258873 - 01/07/17 06:42 PM Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat)  
ebenjen Offline
stranger
ebenjen  Offline
stranger

I'm troubleshooting a Flashchat integration and the FC documentation refers to editing a template called

ubb_registerednav.tmpl

I don't see this template in the templates list. In fact, the FC docs show several templates that begin with ubbt_ and I don't have any of them (see attached). I'm brand new to UBB and Flashchat so I'm not sure where to look for a solution. Flashchat seems to be installed correctly and the link to it appears in the Nav Bar. What I've been asked to help fix is the auto-login feature that will enable someone who is logged into UBB to automatically be logged into FC when they click the link. Instead they just get the login page.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Could it be that I don't have permission to see these templates? Or is this a UBB issue? I haven't been given ftp access but presume that would be helpful so I've asked for it but in the meantime I'm just hoping someone could steer me towards the source of the discrepancy.

TIA

Attached Files ubb_selecttemplate.gif
Express Hosting
Express Hosting "We are the official hosting company of UBB.threads. Ask us about our free migration services to migrate your UBB.threads installation."
#258874 - 01/07/17 09:17 PM Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
FlashChat is severely outdated, it was coded in the days of PHP4 and very early builds of UBB.threads v7; as such, it shouldn't run under newer sets of UBB.threads coding; I'm not even sure if FlachChat would even run under PHP5.

This is not a "UBB" issue, it's instead an outdated script that the author hasn't done the groundwork to ensure compatibility with current releases, modern coding, or with the scripts it used to integrate with.

I am working on a wrapper to use IRC in the UBB; I can release an early beta of that coding if chat is something you would need for your community (example).

Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.Threads: UBBWiki, UBBSkins, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Beta Tester & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#258875 - 01/07/17 10:00 PM Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
Ruben Online yawn
Ruben  Online Yawn

Lutz,FL
also ubbt_
Is a default db table name not a template file.

Blue Man Group

There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
#258876 - 01/07/17 10:14 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
id242 Offline
UBB.threads Developer
id242  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

California
Originally Posted by ebenjen
I'm troubleshooting a Flashchat integration and the FC documentation refers to editing a template called

ubb_registerednav.tmpl

I don't see this template in the templates list. In fact, the FC docs show several templates that begin with ubbt_ and I don't have any of them (see attached). I'm brand new to UBB and Flashchat so I'm not sure where to look for a solution. Flashchat seems to be installed correctly and the link to it appears in the Nav Bar. What I've been asked to help fix is the auto-login feature that will enable someone who is logged into UBB to automatically be logged into FC when they click the link. Instead they just get the login page.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Could it be that I don't have permission to see these templates? Or is this a UBB issue? I haven't been given ftp access but presume that would be helpful so I've asked for it but in the meantime I'm just hoping someone could steer me towards the source of the discrepancy.

TIA

Originally Posted by Ruben
also ubbt_
Is a default db table name not a template file.

ubb_registerednav.tmpl is part of the UBB.threads 6.2.x - 6.5.x package. These versions of UBB.threads were popular from 2003 to 2006, just before UBB.threads version 7.0 was released.

Not to be confused with UBB.Classic, which used PERL as its script interpreter.
UBB.threads version 6 requires PHP4, and will not run on PHP5 or newer.

See attached screenshot

Attached Files 20170107_14-05-37.PNG
#258884 - 01/09/17 05:46 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: id242]  
Ruben Online yawn
Ruben  Online Yawn

Lutz,FL
I never used v6 but that probably is correct. But still in v7 the default prefix for table names is ubbt

Bottom line is if Flashchat referenced a filename with a ubbt prefix then that chat flavor is many many years old.
Since the last version 6 ubb threads came out Jan 2006.
And is not officially supported anymore.

Blue Man Group

#258885 - 01/09/17 06:09 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
id242 Offline
UBB.threads Developer
id242  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

California
It seems that FlashChat hasnt been updated since 2009. Its currently at version 6.0.8.

The last install guide they provide for any type of software which is related to UBB.threads, is dated around 2007. That is for FlashChat version 4.7.9.

The version I believe you are attempting to install, is from 2004, for FlashChat 3.9. Although they are calling it, "UBB.threads integration" the documents within it, are calling it "ubbthreads," which is actually UBB.threads 6.2.x - 6.5.x, which i believe is before UBB.threads got the case and the "dot" in its name.

http://www.tufat.com/flashchat-2/

#258886 - 01/09/17 08:31 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
I posted the IRC Chat Wrapper at UBBDev: qwebirc Chat Wrapper

This wrapper has very little coding on it, and could be adapted to other services if one put in the work. IRC servers are some of the oldest discussion mediums, and are still running quite well.

Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.Threads: UBBWiki, UBBSkins, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Beta Tester & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#258888 - 01/09/17 08:56 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
Ruben Online yawn
Ruben  Online Yawn

Lutz,FL
There you go!
Follow Gizmo's post

Blue Man Group

#258889 - 01/10/17 05:15 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
ebenjen Offline
stranger
ebenjen  Offline
stranger

Awesome information. I suspected there was no real solution to this problem. I appreciate the time y'all took to explain things. I will talk to the client about switching to IRC.

(Ruben, you may appreciate the tattoo I just added to my profile pic...)

#258899 - 01/14/17 05:20 PM Re: Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat) [Re: ebenjen]  
Ruben Online yawn
Ruben  Online Yawn

Lutz,FL
To funny.

Blue Man Group

Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
Slow Posting Times
by ECNet on 01/17/17 01:40 AM
Fatal Error when checking user
by Basil on 01/16/17 07:28 PM
Articles section of a ubb.threads board
by philwojo on 01/14/17 08:14 PM
Lost access to database following server restore
by Crasher on 01/11/17 08:37 PM
Missing Some Template Files (Re: Flashchat)
by ebenjen on 01/07/17 06:42 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics34,805
Posts188,841
Members11,958
Most Online978
Jun 25th, 2007
Random Image