Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hi

I have one member that sent me a few dollar cash payment for an upgraded Premium membership for a year.
Normally they subscribe via Paypal and the system unsubscribe when a years has past.
Is there a way for me as admin to create a subscription to that group for a specific time or do I need to manually tic the box for the group for that member whitout the possibility to keep track on when a year ends.

I would like to be able to it so the forum keeps track of the time.

Any Ideas?
thanks

PS I know how to change an existing subscribing member but not how to turn a non upgraded member to an upgraded member without the subscription link

Last edited by Morgan; 04/08/2017 6:16 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Treat the payment as "Check or Money Order Entry"

As far as I know, there is no way to initiate the subscription from he admin page. This is something the user needs to initiate. You could enable the "Check/Money Order" option for each subscription. And then when you receive the payment from the user, Update that item status from "Pending" to "Active," and set a date for expiration.

If the user already has a subscription item within the "Transaction" page, edit that to set the time you'd like that subscription to last for. The subscription will continue for as long as you have set, regardless of the type of payment you allowed them to select.

If this is only a one time thing,
1) set your subscription group up to allow the users to create a "Check/Money Order" subscriptions.
2) Tell the user to choose that option. (or "Become User" and do it for them)
3) When its in there, edit "Pending" transaction with the expire date.
4) Disable the "Check/Money Order" option from the group. If anyone manages to sneak in there while you're doing this, just delete the transaction, or leave it as "Pending."

You'll get a Private Message (also by email, if enabled) notice with each subscription request/change/update.

To answer your question more directly -- I dont believe there is a way within the current Control Panel to add a time limit to a subscription if that user never requested a subscription first. Because its the subscription which determines the time.

--

NOTE: Some of the subscription menu terminology has been updated for UBB.threads 7.6.1 (not released at the time of this post) to avoid confusion, and add more clarity between "Groups" and "Subscription Groups."
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/259894#Post259894

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Old Hand
Old Hand
Isaac I followed your isntruction and it was spot on.
Thanks you.

The only thing I did was to login as the member and subscribe by chosing the check option and when it was done I cahnged back settings not to accept checks or money orders. That option does not work for banks in Sweden anymore, they have adopted the online only options.

Thanks again for reminding me of this option smile

PS if you remember that the icons for members in a group they used to stay on even if they unsubscribed form that group.
I have checked several times and all icons has gone so that bug fix fworked just fine- Thnk you for that as well.

Last edited by Morgan; 04/08/2017 6:43 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29