Features
Documentation
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
UBBDev.com
UBBWiki.com
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ruben), 57 guests, and 122 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
Outdoorking
Outdoorking
Sydney, Australia
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gizmo 31
isaac 29
DennyP 16
Morgan 15
JAISP 5
Mark S 3
Ruben 3
Latest Photos
Rendered Walls
Multi-Screen wallpaper
Stockholm Metro
Coffee & Cocoa related
QHD Walls (960x800)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260364 - 08/07/17 09:29 AM SEO for Google  
Outdoorking Offline
enthusiast
Outdoorking  Offline

enthusiast

Sydney, Australia
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where the sitemap files are created for the forum so that I can upload them to google. I have not been able to locate them.

Regards,

Bruce
www.outdoorking.com
Express Hosting
Express Hosting "We are the official hosting company of UBB.threads. Ask us about our free migration services to migrate your UBB.threads installation."
#260365 - 08/07/17 11:30 AM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
isaac Offline
UBB.threads Developer
isaac  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

California

#260366 - 08/07/17 02:47 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
UBB.threads has never had a built in Sitemaps script, so I took the time in 2007 to begin writing a very involved (multiple types of sitemaps, long runs of testing, continuously updated since its release).

Some links:
Information & Purchase: VNC Web Services UBB.Sitemaps
Documentation: UBBWiki UBB.Sitemaps
Public Support: UBBDev 7.x UBB.Sitemaps
Listing of my relevant 3rd party scripts: VNC Web Services Script Listing

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#260369 - 08/09/17 12:10 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
TheSonic Offline
stranger
TheSonic  Offline
stranger
@Gizmo Will a sitemap included in 7.6.1? This is really a corefeature offered by every competitor. You are no longer a 3rdPartyDev, you are a core-dev... So, please allow this question.

#260370 - 08/09/17 02:00 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
"UBB.Sitemaps" is a 3rd-party product; it is not a part of UBB.threads, and it will not be included in 7.6.1.

This has nothing to do with my personal status changing from "User" to "Developer", this script sees significant personal time, outside of any contracted time on UBB.threads (I do not work for UBB Systems).

Of a dozen other major PHP forum packages, only a couple offer a Sitemap feature as part of their core package; the rest offer it as a paid add-on by a third-party.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#260372 - 08/09/17 02:27 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Gizmo]  
TheSonic Offline
stranger
TheSonic  Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Gizmo
"

Of a dozen other major PHP forum packages, only a couple offer a Sitemap feature as part of their core package; the rest offer it as a paid add-on by a third-party.

Tell me which major did not offer a sitemap. XenForo, vBulletin, IPS, Woltlab (3.1)... So yeah... So .... Tell me something about about YOUR major players....but good luck taking your money from some poor. people .50Dollars for a corefeature - Never evet

#260373 - 08/09/17 02:37 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
I'm not sure what's with the hostility, but I'm more than happy to provide additional information.

Of the major players that would include a sitemap you have Xenforo and vBulletin, the former being a subscription based system and the later being a much more expensive product.

IPB's sitemap option is a user contributed addon with little support provided by the developers.

Discorse offers a sitemap, but it's open source and assistance is not provided by their development support site.

#260374 - 08/09/17 03:25 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Gizmo]  
TheSonic Offline
stranger
TheSonic  Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I'

IPB's sitemap option is a user contributed addon with little support provided by the developers.

This is definitely a lie, IPS4 offers sitempas in the core... I translate the software to german and know it better than all other mentioned software.

That sad... You see, ALL othe commercial products include a sitemap-faeture (That's all i said).... And Woltlab 3rdParty offered that feature for 4$ (!!!!) ()now in the core), you want 50$.

Last edited by TheSonic; 08/09/17 03:26 PM.
#260375 - 08/09/17 03:27 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
Nothing is stopping you from writing your own sitemap integration if you don't want to license a third party addon.

#260376 - 08/09/17 03:45 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
isaac Offline
UBB.threads Developer
isaac  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

California
Sir, please give your anger a break. You asked your question and you got a nice reply directly from the custom code developer. There is absolutely no reason for your hostility to him.

1) The UBB.threads package includes what it says it includes.
2) And just like most every software in the world that has a strong following, there are third party developers who write add-ons to those programs.
3) Some devs charge for their time and effort. Some provide it for free.

If UBB.threads does not provide the exact functionality that you desire, you have a few choices. Use a software that does. Write your own code. Pay a developer to write the code for you... or use the software as-is, and enjoy all the unique features that is does provide.

We are here to help you with your software. If you have a problem with current features if this software, we're more than happy to assist you with getting them working. We are not here to take your abuse. And we certainly will not be bullied in to harsh demands.

#260377 - 08/09/17 04:32 PM Re: SEO for Google [Re: Outdoorking]  
Gizmo Offline
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo  Offline
UBB.threads Developer

Portland, OR; USA
The original poster's question has been answered; any questions relating this third party addon should be either done in its proper thread at UBBDev.

This thread is now closed.

Shout Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
New Topics/Posts Not Updating
by DennyP. 08/16/17 11:07 AM
Upgrade Documentation Feedback
by DennyP. 08/13/17 01:18 AM
PayPal Subscription
by Outdoorking. 08/12/17 01:53 AM
IT takes three clicks..
by Morgan. 08/11/17 12:19 PM