1948 VINTAGE HAMMOND BV ORGAN w/ PEDALS & DR-20 TONE CABINET CV B3 C3 TONEWHEEL For Sale
This item has been viewed 0 times.
1948 VINTAGE HAMMOND BV ORGAN w/ PEDALS & DR-20 TONE CABINET CV B3 C3 TONEWHEEL:
Here's an awesome Original Hammond BV Organ from around 1948 with it's original Hammond DR-20 Tone Cabinet, and Bass Pedals. This is the model made just prior to the B3, in fact it shares the exact same cabinet as the B3 from my understanding. One of the main differences in this organ and the B3 is lack of percussion, which can be added. Also it can be hooked up to any number of Leslie Cabinets with another small modification. With these 2 additional mods you will essentially have a B-3!! It seems to function about 98% and sounds Great!! Let the pictures speak for themselves. And to be up front and honest here is a list of any problems/issues that I could find with it:
- The drawbar contacts are due to be cleaned. Some of them you can wiggle and they will cut in and out. In fact, one popular mod on this organ is to switch from it's original ratchet drawbars to the later style smooth drawbars. In fact, I'm sure it's way past due for just a general overall servicing.
- There appears to be some damage to the finish on the cabinet lid portion that covers the keys (pictured). Some of the veneer in that area is also coming unglued. Looks like it may be a result of some moisture at some point in it's life. It was this way when I got it about 5 years ago. Could be fixed with a little TLC.
- The bass pedals all make a sound but a few of them do not have the deep sounding tone they should. It was a couple of the black pedals if I recall, they were just kinda thin sounding. All of the keys work though on Both manuals.
- Where the pedals connect to the organ, it looks like there might be a couple of bolts or other hardware missing. Again, it was this way when I got it so I dunno. I took a picture of this portion to hopefully highlight this. The pedals still seems to connect fine though.
- I DO NOT have a Bench for this Organ.
- There are a couple pieces of small trim missing from the mid-sections of the organ, and one piece of trim missing from the base of the tone cabinet.
- Due to the age of this organ it will be SOLD AS IS.
For an electro-mechanical instrument that is 65+ years old, this things isn't in too bad of shape! And it mostly works too! Any interested buyers are certainly more than welcome to come play / inspect this BV in person before offerding.
Please ask any and all questions before offerding. This is a Pick-Up Only sale, and payment methods are CASH upon pickup. Also I would prefer for the winning buyer to move this organ within 1 week of the sale close. All moving arrangements are the responsibility of the buyer. Located in Glasgow, KY zip 42141.
Other Related Items:
Hammond B3 Organ Vintage 1959 with rare Leslie "tallboy" speaker
Vintage Hammond Organ Tonewheel Tone Generator - A Great Find !!!
Hammond ORGAN B3 C3 M100 L A-100 SERVICE Repair Manual LESLIE Manual 145 147
Hammond Organ, Repair, Restoration, Guides, Service, Manuals, Books - on DVD
Buying Used Vintage Hammond Organs? Service/Repair Manuals CD-R, A100, B3 & More
NEW AMPHENOL 6 (SIX) PIN CONNECTOR SET HAMMOND, LESLIE, RODGERS ORGAN SPEAKERS
11 pin to 1/4" Output Adapter Hammond/Leslie
Vintage Hammond BC Organ B3 Chorus Vibrato Organ Mate Versatone Footnote Project
Hammond Organ Tone Generator Oil - 1/2 Ounce Bottle