SME Server 8
32 Bit Server OS on 1 CD
No Keys, No Codes!
No more virus attacks!
No more annoying popups!
You can install Linux on as many PC?s as you want
Linux loads lightning fast!
"Live CD" Just put the CD in your drive and reboot
No more daily security updated from MS!
Why buy from DeepSpace 6 sales?
The most up to date distro's on the Planet!
The largest selection on !
Professionally mastered and verified!
Direct to disk printing (no nasty white sticky labels)
Click below to see ALL of the Linux Operating Systems I offer!
You also get a Bonus CD which has the following FREE items...
Complete Linux Dictionary pdf (1,607 pages)
Ultimate Linux Newbie Guide pdf
Linux quick reference useful commands pdf
Adobe Reader for Linux
Open Office for Linux & Windows systems
and a Ton of Free Linux Wallpapers
Brand NEW Distro!!
SME Server 8
Full 32 bit Version on 1 Program CD's
Complete Server Operating System & More
Plus Free Application Disk
New in SME Server
This release includes significant new versions of many key components and technologies.
The following sections provide a brief overview of major changes from the last release of SME Server.
The SME Server development team is pleased to announce the release of
SME Server . This release is based on CentOS and all packages
have been updated to the latest releases.
This release contains many new features, all released updates for
SME Server 7.3 and fixes for many reported problems. Upgrades
will be available by CD, the Software Installer and command line.
Web server Apache
Mail server qmail
DNS server djbdns and dnscache
FTP server ProFTPd
Windows file sharing Samba
Macintosh file sharing Netatalk
Remote administration SSH, PPTP, HTTP over SSL
Tape backups Flexbackup
Webmail Horde IMP
The SME Server server and gateway installs automatically on a PC, converting it to an industrial-strength
communications server that optionally allows all of the computers on your network to share a single Internet connection.
In one simple, easy-to-install package, you get:
* A high performance email server that handles email to and from your users.
* Enhanced security features that reduce the risk of intrusion.
* A central file server enabling seamless information exchange among Windows, Macintosh and Unix machines.
* A web server to host your company web and/or intranet site.
* Browser based server-manager software that makes it easy to add new user accounts, control remote access,
configure network printers, set up workgroups and connect additional networks.
* Special services that speed web and Internet access, improving the performance of your network.
* A shared email address book that is maintained automatically.
* i-bays, a unique communications and collaborative facility that makes it easy for users to work together on projects.
* Quota Management - you have the ability to set a limit on the amount of a disk space a user can use for files and e-mail.
* Windows 2000 and XP domain logon support - Previous versions have allowed the server to act as a domain
controller for client computers running Windows 95, 98, ME or NT. This version now extends that domain
logon support to Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
* USB printer support - It is now possible to connect the SME Server to a printer via the USB port.
* Improved Macintosh file sharing support - The server now includes better support for Macintosh file sharing
and eliminates some previous cases where Macintosh users were unable to access i-bays.
* Experimental ISDN card support - While our software has always supported external ISDN adapters, this
version now includes experimental support for using an internal passive ISDN card.
* Use of unmodified packages from upstream providers - Packages from Centos 4 (2.6.9 kernel), Mitel,
and other packages from atrpms and rpmforge are used unmodified whenever possible. The result is that
any other Redhat EL4 or Centos 4 RPMS should work without modification.
* Installation on a system with 1 hard drive is automatically set up half of a RAID1 mirror, ready to
accept a second drive. Systems with 2 drives are set up as RAID 1; 3-5 drives as RAID5; and 6+ Drives as RAID6.
* Secure email enhancements. POP3/SSL, IMAP/SSL, SMTP/SSL, SMTP AUTH over SMTP/SSL.
* Webmail has been upgraded to the latest versions of Horde, Imp, Turba and Ingo
* SMTP Email reception is now handled by qpsmtpd. Advanced but simple to use plugin system to easily
install extra functionality and write local rules. Almost all features are implemented in plugins.
* Antivirus email and hard drive scanning is now provided by ClamAV. Virus definitions are kept up to date
automatically, and program updates will be available automatically via the software installer (yum).
* Email attachment handling: Including the ability to block EXE, ZIP, PIF and automatic conversion of TNEF
or UUENCODE encoded attachments to MIME.
* Spam Filtering with Spamassassin. Automatic tagging with X-spam-status headers, and optional filtering
and subject tagging. Configurable rejection levels.
* Enhancement to the pseudonyms panel. You now have the ability to send (e.g.) support@domain1 and support@domain2
to different places, and you can now enter pseudonyms of pseudonyms.
* Yum based Software installer panel. Approved contribs and official updates can now be installed in the
server-manager. Selectable "Automatically install updates" option.
The role of the SME Server
Your SME Server manages your connection to the Internet by routing Internet data packets to and from your network
(which allows all the computers on your network to share a single Internet connection) and by providing security
for your network, minimizing the risk of intrusions. When one of your local computers contacts the Internet,
or is contacted by an outside machine on the Internet, the SME Server not only routes that connection,
but seamlessly interposes itself into the communication. This prevents a direct connection from being
established between an external computer on the Internet and a computer on your local network thereby
significantly reducing the risk of intrusion onto your network.
Your server also provides services - including e-mail, web access and a powerful file sharing
and collaboration feature called "i-bays" - that allow you to communicate better internally and
with the rest of the world using the Internet. Throughout this user's guide, the word gateway is
used to mean the computer that acts as the interface between your local, internal network and the external world.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Architecture PCI-based i586 or i686 compatible processor
Processor speed 400 MHz
RAM 256 MB
Hard Drive IDE or SCSI - at least 4 GB
SCSI adapter SCSI adapter must appear on the supported list (only necessary for SCSI systems)
Ethernet adapter(s) The ethernet adapters installed on your server must appear on the supported list.
Modem (for dialup only) Only modems that are Linux-compatible may be used. WinModems are not supported.
CD-ROM drive ATAPI or SCSI
Monitor any Graphics card
- Payment options include: PayPal
- Payment arrangements must be made within 3 days of the close of the sale
- Payment must be received within 7 days of the close of the sale
- Arkansas residents will be charged 7.75% sales tax
- Payments made by eCheck at PayPal take 4-5 business days to clear. Shipping will take place once the eCheck has cleared.
- Non-paying buyers will be reported to if payment has not been received within 7 days of the close of the sale.
- Most orders will be shipped via USPS Mail. Tracking number will be emailed at shipment. Sometimes these emails wind up in SPAM folders. If you don't receive a tracking number within 24 hours of sending your payment, please check your SPAM folder before emailing us.
- We ship USPS Mail to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Guam. (See each sale for details)
- We ship to all military addresses APO / FPO Mail. God bless our troops!
- Shipping to Canada via USPS Mail International.
- All orders ship within 48 hours of the receipt of your payment (except for PayPal eChecks)
- Shipping/handling costs are not negotiable.
- We will not ship to you using your own UPS/FedEx/DHL account number.
- Please report any shipping damage to us immediately.
- Local pickup is not available for security reasons.
- Can I run Linux and XP/Vista on the same hard drive?
Yes, you just install Linux on a different partition than your Windows partition.
- Can I run Linux before I do a full install.
Most Linux OS's have a "Live" mode. Just insert the CD/DVD and reboot your system. Check the sale details to see if it has a "Live" mode.
- Can I run Windows applications in Linux?
Many Windows applications will run using "Wine" (Windows emulator).
- How do I decide if I want the 32 or 64 bit version.
I recommend any newbie start with the 32 bit version. It's much easier to configure drivers and software apps when you are learning Linux. The 64 bit versions are for AMD 64Bit CPU's.
- What do I do if my order arrives damaged?
Report any damages during shipment to us immediately.
- Do I have to pay sales tax on my order?
We only charge sales tax to customers in the state of Arkansas as required by law. Sales tax for our Arkansas customers is 8%.
- Can I pick up the item to avoid having to pay shipping/handling costs?
We do not allow local pickups for security reasons.
- Can I get a discount if I purchase multiple units?
Our BUY IT NOW price is firm. We have great pricing, immediate shipping, and a trustworthy reputation. Our products are priced to move. You have zero risk doing business here. What you see is what you get. We discount shipping for multiple item orders. If you are planning to place a large order, please email us for a shipping quote.
- What if I run into problems installing the software? Drop Us a note and we'll see if we can get you started in the right direction. Additional information is provided on the FREE Tutorial CD.
- What if the CD or DVDappears not to bereadable in my computer? First off,if your software came with a DVD, your regular CD drive will not read it. Be sure you are inserting the media into the appropriate drive. DVDs can be read by DVD-ROM drives, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combination Drives, and DVD+/-RW Drives. If it appears that the media is bad, please contact us and we'll send a replacement set out to you ASAP.
Analyzing "Smart Counters" only at inkFrog