- 6th Edition
- Volume 1
- Half Cents to Jefferson Nickels
- Updated & Expanded with more than 140 NEW Varieties
Few books have excited the coin-collecting community by storm like the CHERRYPICKERS' GUIDE. Since the first edition burst onto the scene in 1990, thousands of hobbyists have been searching for the rare and valuable coin die varieties described inside.
This handy book tells you how to "cherrypick" - that is, how to examine coins that look normal at first glance, but have unusual characteristics: doubled and tripled dies, overdates, repunched mintmarks, and other features that can reveal a common coin to be a rare and valuable variety.
With the close-up photographs and descriptions inside, you'll learn exactly what to look for. That kind of knowledge truly is power!
The sixth edition, volume 1, has been fully updated and revised.
Inside you'll find:
- descriptions of die varieties for half cents, large cents, Flying Eagle and Indian Head cents, Lincoln cents, two- and three-cent pieces, Shield nickels, Liberty Head nickels, Buffalo nickels, and Jefferson nickels.
- 48 more pages, and more than 140 new variety listings, added since the fifth edition.
- revised and updated content, including market values, for more than 630 varieties.
- more 21st -century Lincoln cent and Jefferson nickel varieties.
- charts listing the varieties that are new to this edition, plus those varieties that are slated to be delisted and those that have been debunked.
- detailed photo enlargements to show you what to look for when cherrypicking.
- information on types of doubling, how to examine your coins, Proof set varieties, collector clubs, and other beginner and advanced topics.
- cross-references to specialized standard guides.