Hardy Marvel 7'6" - 3/2 - 4 Weight Bamboo Fly Rod For Sale
This item has been viewed 414 times.
Hardy Marvel 7'6" - 3/2 - 4 Weight Bamboo Fly Rod:
For Sale: Hardy Marvel 7 ½’ – 3/2 – 4 weight bamboo fly rod in excellent condition.
- Serial NumberH41668C indicating the rod was built in 1961. This is widely regarded as the era when the highest quality Marvels were built.
- All sections full length and straight. As typical with Hardy rods, tips are slightly shorter than other sections, and the rod bag is designed toexpect this.
- Ferrule fit is excellent; includes original ferrule plugs.
- A few of the green wraps were professionally redone, otherwise rod is all original.
- All script is legible, varnish is excellent.
- Agateen stripping guide and tip tops. (Note that the opening in these tip tops is quite small and care is required in choice of knot for connecting leader to line).
- Original Hardy labelled rod bag with zipper, flap closure, and pull tab.
- Hardy marked aluminum tube with push-on top is correct length and era, but not original to this rod (a few letters lightly scratched in top, difficult to see).
This is a highly sought after rod, particularly in this condition. It is one ofthe great7 ½’ - 4 weight tapers, and this one is completely ready to fish with absolutely no issues. The rod will be packed in a heavy cardboard tube, insured for full value, and shipped USPS Priority Mail.
Other Related Items:
Scarce 1946-1948 HEDDON No.17 "Black Beauty" 7-1/2', 3/2 Split Bamboo Fly Rod w/
SUPER RARE VINTAGE A+ QUALITY H.L. LEONARD BAMBOO FLY ROD MODEL # 39H 7-1/2'L
Bamboo Fly Rod Heddon 8 foot 3/2 4 weight with Alminum Case
SOUTH BEND CROSS DOUBLE BUILT MODEL 166 Split Bamboo Fly Rod 8.5ft
R. L. Winston Fiberglass Fly Rod. Retro Rod. Made in the USA, Montana
H. L. Leonard FIberglass Fly Rod, 6' 6", 2 oz., #4 Line, Model LEF66
Goodwin Granger & Co. BF878 Colorado Special Split Bamboo Fly Rod
VINTAGE Phillipson Bamboo Fly Rod
Garcia Conolon 2404-A 8' 6wt. 2 pc. vintage fiberglass fly rod