Hardy Marvel 7'6" - 3/2 - 4 Weight Bamboo Fly Rod For Sale
This item has been viewed 0 times.
Hardy Marvel 7'6" - 3/2 - 4 Weight Bamboo Fly Rod:
For Sale: Hardy Marvel 7 ½’ – 3/2 – 4 weight bamboo fly rod in excellent condition.
- Serial NumberH41668C indicating the rod was built in 1961. This is widely regarded as the era when the highest quality Marvels were built.
- All sections full length and straight. As typical with Hardy rods, tips are slightly shorter than other sections, and the rod bag is designed toexpect this.
- Ferrule fit is excellent; includes original ferrule plugs.
- A few of the green wraps were professionally redone, otherwise rod is all original.
- All script is legible, varnish is excellent.
- Agateen stripping guide and tip tops. (Note that the opening in these tip tops is quite small and care is required in choice of knot for connecting leader to line).
- Original Hardy labelled rod bag with zipper, flap closure, and pull tab.
- Hardy marked aluminum tube with push-on top is correct length and era, but not original to this rod (a few letters lightly scratched in top, difficult to see).
This is a highly sought after rod, particularly in this condition. It is one ofthe great7 ½’ - 4 weight tapers, and this one is completely ready to fish with absolutely no issues. The rod will be packed in a heavy cardboard tube, insured for full value, and shipped USPS Priority Mail.
Other Related Items:
Payne Bamboo Fly Rod Sold by Von Lengerke & Antoine (VL&A) Chicago 8'6" 5 Weight
RARE 1947-1951 HEDDON No.17 "Black Beauty" 7', 2/2, *FEATHERWEIGHT* Split Bamboo
Vintage Wright & McGill Granger Special 8643 Bamboo Fly Rod 3/2 8.5' 5wt
Phillipson Paramount "51" bamboo fly rod
South Bend 323 Bamboo Fly Rod -- completely refurbished.
Vintage 4-Piece 7.5' Wright McGill TRAILMASTER Fly/Spin Rod Line Sz 7 Tube Sock
Vintage Montague Rapidan Split Bamboo Fly Rod, 3 piece, 8ft 6 in, Aluminum Tube
VINTAGE FLY FISHING ROD FENWICK VOYAGEUR FERALITE 7 1/2
Vintage Fenwick Woodstream 8' Two Piece Casting Rod Serial # S 371197 1978-79.