Hardy Marvel 7'6" - 3/2 - 4 Weight Bamboo Fly Rod For Sale
This item has been viewed 0 times.
Hardy Marvel 7'6" - 3/2 - 4 Weight Bamboo Fly Rod:
For Sale: Hardy Marvel 7 ½’ – 3/2 – 4 weight bamboo fly rod in excellent condition.
- Serial NumberH41668C indicating the rod was built in 1961. This is widely regarded as the era when the highest quality Marvels were built.
- All sections full length and straight. As typical with Hardy rods, tips are slightly shorter than other sections, and the rod bag is designed toexpect this.
- Ferrule fit is excellent; includes original ferrule plugs.
- A few of the green wraps were professionally redone, otherwise rod is all original.
- All script is legible, varnish is excellent.
- Agateen stripping guide and tip tops. (Note that the opening in these tip tops is quite small and care is required in choice of knot for connecting leader to line).
- Original Hardy labelled rod bag with zipper, flap closure, and pull tab.
- Hardy marked aluminum tube with push-on top is correct length and era, but not original to this rod (a few letters lightly scratched in top, difficult to see).
This is a highly sought after rod, particularly in this condition. It is one ofthe great7 ½’ - 4 weight tapers, and this one is completely ready to fish with absolutely no issues. The rod will be packed in a heavy cardboard tube, insured for full value, and shipped USPS Priority Mail.
Other Related Items:
UGLY STIK 7' CATFISH Fishing SPINNING Combo UglyStick FREE USA SHIP UGLYCATSPCBO
Uslan 8' bamboo fly rod
BEAUTIFUL FENWICK FF80 FIBERGLASS FLY ROD IN FIBER TUBE & BAG
Excellent 3-pc Vintage Horrocks & Ibbotson VERNLEY Bamboo Fly Rod w/Two Tips
VINTAGE UN-NAMED 8 1/2' 3 PC WITH 2 TIPS SPLIT BAMBOO FLY ROD. IN TUBE ! ! !
Vintage H. L. Leonard ‘Tournament’ Split Bamboo 3pc Fly Rod - Excellent Condion
C.1930's HORROCKS-IBBOTSON 8-1/2', 3/2 "Ultra Light" Split Bamboo Fly Rod With
VINTAGE SHAKESPEARE SPLIT BAMBOO FLY ROD MARVEL NO. 1357 9' 2 TIPS NEAR MINT ! !
SOUTH BEND BAMBOO FLY ROD IN TUBE & BAG-MODEL #47- NINE FOOT 3 SECTION 3 TIPS