- Our store
- Add to Favorite Sellers
The Evinrude/Johnson 2 cylinder inline, 3 cylinder inline, V4 and V6.
This specific marine engine manual is for the Evinrude/Johnson 48-235 hp Outboards, (Includes Sea Drives) spanning 1973-1990. This manual is 592 pages.Clymer marine repair manuals are the number one source for marine engine repair and service information. Each marine manual is written specifically for the do-it-yourselfer as well as the experienced mechanic. Owning a Clymer marine repair manual is an inexpensive way to keep your boat engine running properly.Each marine manual provides step-by-step instructions based on the complete disassembly of the engine. It is this level of detail, along with hundreds of photos and illustrations, that guide the reader through each service and repair procedure.Clymer marine repair manuals are the most user-friendly repair manuals available today. Each manual includes:
- Handy thumb-tabs that put the chapter you need right at your fingertips.
- Detailed sub steps that expand on repair procedure information.
- Notes, cautions and warnings throughout each chapter that pinpoint critical information.
- Numbered instructions that guide you through every repair procedure step by step.
- Bold figure numbers that help you quickly match illustrations with instructions.
- Detailed illustrations, drawings and photos that guide you through every procedure.
- Enlarged insets that help you identify and examine parts in higher detail.
- Numbered table of contents that’s easy to use so you can find the information you need fast.
- Detailed wiring diagrams (color on select titles) for ease of use in troubleshooting and electrical service procedures.Written and edited by industry experts, every marine manual provides reliable step-by-step technical information in a wide variety of industries. If you are involved in the repair and service of marine engines a Clymer marine manual is an essential tool that you should be using.
Inside you'll find:
Quick Reference Data
Frequently needed specifications on specially marked pages
Manual organization, lubricant types, corrosion prevention and propeller design
Tools and Techniques
Common tools, test equipment, shop safety and mechanics tips.
Easy to follow text and charts guide you from symptoms to solutions
Lubrication, Maintenance & Tune-Up
All the tasks required for safety and top performance
Engine Synchronization and Linkage Adjustments
Complete procedures and specifications for matching ignition and carburetor operation
Fuel pump overhaul; carburetor overhaul and adjustment; fuel tank and line service
Ignition and Electrical Systems
Testing, adjustment and replacement procedures for starting, charging, and ignition systems
Complete engine overhaul procedures
Water pump overhaul; hydro-mechanical and mechanical gearcase overhaul; pressure and vacuum testing
Power Trim and Tilt Systems
Internal and external trim and tilt system troubleshooting and parts replacement
Oil Injection Systems
Complete testing and replacement for Economizer and Variable Ratio Oiling (VRO) systems
Complete service and troubleshooting procedures
Reference and cross-reference to all major sections of this manual
Complete schematics for all models
MODELS COVERED 2 cylinder inline 3 cylinder inline V4 V6
Copyright © 1998-2018 Doug Russell, Inc. All rights reserved.