For your consideration at this wonderful sale is a rare NEW Motorola MC68882FN33A Floating Point Unit (FPU) Co-Processor at 33 Mhz. This chip is an option for separate installation inside the brown framed plastic (PLCC) socket found on vintage Macintosh logic boards and Amiga systems, and certain legacy products that didn't include the built-in FPU installed by default. The Floating Point Unit chip is required for certain Math and Graphics intensive applications to operate. A 68040 processor on a Macintosh does have the FPU included built-in, making this processor redundant, however, a 68LC040 processor lacks the FPU performance. The 68-pin chip installs easily and does not need to be removed. It can be installed on certain Mac computers with Motorola 68030 processors, such as Macintosh Color Classic, Colour Classic II, Performa 275, Macintosh IIsi (on 90-degree Nubus module adapter), LC III, Duo Dock I, Duo Dock II, Duo Dock Plus, Macintosh IIvx, Performa 600, Performa 550, LC 550, Performa 560, Performa 450, Performa 460, Various PDS Ethernet cards (only if available on the circuitry). Please see the pictures and compare with your logic board.
This chip accelerates your system to its full potential and allows complex math functions to be processed at a much faster rate. For example, Norton's System Info benchmarks a regular Color Classic at 15.9, and with the math chip it scores a 20.2, a 25% increase over the original. The computer runs at the same speed for regular tasks, but processor and math intensive tasks, like graphics and some system functions run faster.
This chip is a simple install- just slide your board out, drop it in the empty slot on your board, press gently, and put the board back in. Start back up and there you go!
Will gladly ship international.
The memory module is new and sold as-is shown in the pictures.
IMPORTANT POLICIES AND TERMS:
1. Placing a offer in this sale signifies the buyer's acceptance and complete understanding of these policies and terms, in addition to the policies set forth in the user agreement.
2. Payment must be received within five (5) days of sale closing. PayPal is the only method of payment at this time. If you are unable to pay, please do not offer.
3. Shipping and handling is specified by cost listed in the sale, or will be determined at the end of the sale, as it is subject to value, weight and destination. Projections are available throughout the duration of the sale with the use of postal zip code. If the sale does not specify a shipping price, an email will be sent to the highest successful buyer with information necessary to complete the transaction.
4. Item will be prepared for departure as soon as possible after payment arrives, departures are unavailable on weekends or holidays. Items are packed sufficiently and professionally using standard and fresh packaging materials.
5. International shipping is more expensive than domestic shipping. If you are located in a different region and would like to offer and purchase an item that we are initially unable to ship, please email seller to request reasonable accommodations. Please be specific with custom shipping arrangements as there is no guarantee otherwise.
6. Copyright Protection. sale pictures and descriptions, including these terms and conditions, are copyright protected by the seller. Serial numbers may be recorded. All cases of plagiarism and unauthorized reproduction of seller?s materials will be investigated and dealt with severely. Such investigations may suspend the sale.
7. Items featured in description pictures are described as fairly and accurately as possible. Do not assume something works in a certain imagined way, or if a part is included even if it is not there. Do research the items should technical specifications exist on the manufacturer?s website.
8. Prospective buyers are encouraged to email the seller with questions as early as possible about this item only before offerding and before the sale ends. However, emailing seller during sale within the last few hours of the sale end does not necessarily guarantee a response.
9. Delivery Confirmation and Insurance are often available with USPS Priority Mail and are typically included with exclusive items. Upon item departure, an email will be sent to the buyer containing such information.
10. The items are being provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. There are no refunds or exchanges. Shipping costs and postage are nonrefundable once the package is shipped out by the seller. Buyer must save and present original packaging materials to claim an insured item.
11. sales that are not completed will become null and void, with possibilities for the item to be relisted. buyers who do not pay, others who sabotage the seller or contradict these terms, and sellers who do not perform will be registered on a blocked buyer list, and they will remain there.
12. Be nice. All communications or activity consisting of inappropriate remarks, questionable behavior or defamatory references will be reported and dealt with consequences.
13. No children or natural weather emergencies. buyers must be legally eligible to participate in the sale. Participants must be 18 years of age, or older. Seller reserves the right to suspend suspicious offers; do not ask seller to cancel offers placed in error. An sale may be closed earlier than scheduled closing when deemed necessary (weather emergencies).
14. Non-paying buyers and whiners will be shot down. Decisions rendered by the seller are considered ultimately as final, in accordance with standard procedures and policies. Do not argue with people.