I have a dedicated server which only does two things - runs the UBB forum and runs MailEnable mail software. MailEnable is running very smoothly and in the MailEnable world we're a relatively small install for them, only 400 or so boxes. On the UBB side we have 25,000 members and 400 forums, which I believe makes us one of the largest Windows installs.

http://forum.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php

Our server kept crashing in 2006 until we had a total system failure in the fall. We rebuilt the server and hoped we could hobble through until this new version came out. It has been crashing every few days in the past few weeks. We did the upgrade last week even though I had concerns about the content island issues, in hopes of getting the crashing to stop. Unfortunately the server's still crashing, it was down for 3 hours yesterday morning.

We have a gig of RAM and oodles of disk space. The server is usually only 20% busy so it's not maxing out the processor.

Any thoughts on any tuning we can try, to help this to run more smoothly? I do need the forums to all have content islands, but I have them set to generate only every 30 minutes to try to keep things relatively stress free ...

The server event logs never show anything amiss before the crashes.

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts