Yes (I do think Apache is better) however if Windows and IIS were free it too would be out there with Host Providers as there are more people in the World with Windows Technical skills than there are with Unix/Linux. I'm talking about good skills, not just familiarity of the OS.

I've reviewed many candidates for IT with "Linux" skills and when our Unix/Linux guy put them through the paces - 90% of them were not what they thought they were. Plenty of Windows techs too that don't know much, so I actually have high praise for Linux techs that really are good.

It's cost as the big factor I think, not features. Many people that want to buy web space would want to buy windows but are turned away due to the higher costs. Not everyone out there is an IT wanna-be. They see Linux and are scared off not realizing that the control panel makes it so dang easy for them, but they go with it because the Windows offering is sky high.

No I don't think everyone would want it, or go with it, but I'm sure if it was the same cost or cheaper than the Linux/Apache version there would be a LOT more of them.

There are hundreds of millions of Windows users around the World that are comfortable with Windows and scared of Linux, so what do you think the average one would choose if cost was not a deciding factor?