Originally Posted by ntdoc
If it isn't the technology, albeit the origination of the technology, that allows that.... what is?

Economics. I'm not saying it's wrong to charge for it, on the contrary all I'm saying is that if Windows was free as well there would be many more Windows host providers than there currently are. By saying the term technology I have never heard anyone of many people that have asked me to help them get a provider or set them up, etc... ask me what technology is better between Linux and Windows. They just don't know or care, all they want is a Website period and they don't care what platform runs it.
The only time they get worried is when I tell them more details and it runs on Linux - then you have to assure them that it is very easy to maintain and make changes just like the Windows they're used to.

This is exactly why I rarely get into this type of discussion. Too many people are fanatical about what OS they use and so it just drags on until it gets ugly. Not wanting that to happen here I think I'll end posting on this subject.

Oh, come on ntdoc. You're not doing a good job keeping up your end of the debate here wink

Economics. Can you be any more vague? You still didn't answer my point, either. Was that by design?

This is exactly why I rarely get into this type of discussion. Too many people are fanatical about what OS they use and so it just drags on until it gets ugly. Not wanting that to happen here I think I'll end posting on this subject.

What part of this debate has anything to do with an OS? I couldn't care less about an OS. Best tool for the job is my feeling, and it's not always the same tool. Nope, I'm sumply choosing to debate with you on one particular sentence that you said, one that I don't necessarily agree or disagree with, frankly, but one that I think is very debatable.

Besides, I'm bummed that the Pats lost.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]