I am hoping this one can be fixed soon! I looked at the update notes for newer version, but didn't see this addressed:

I just had a member complain that they had renewed their subscription, but their permissions are not set to his subscription level (what I call Silver level). I think what happened is that he renewed his subscription yesterday before his first subscription had actually expired. As it was, his initial subscription was to expire at around 10PM yesterday, but he re-subscribed at around 1:30PM, several hours before his initial subscription expired. In the subscription database it shows his latest subscription as being active and set to expire 1 year from now. However, when 10PM rolled around, and his initial subscription expired, it reset his permissions back to regular user.

It seems that when a subscription expires, a check should be made for that user to see if any other subscriptions at the same level exist for them that have NOT expired. If they do have a newer subscription, the older subscription can expire, but it should NOT reset their permissions.