I have been able to install the forums software, but my forums will still not work. I created a new mySql database. Using install.php won't go beyond Step 3 and gives this message:

Step 3
Here we are checking your database connectivity and permissions. If any of these checks fail you will need to correct the errors in order to proceed.

Connecting to server

Going to my forums produces this message:

Warning: include(/libs/ver.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 9

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/libs/ver.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 9

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/libs/mysql.inc.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php(92): sql->connect() #1 /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/ubbthreads.php(42): require_once('/users/dark-poe...') #2 /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/index.php(19): include('/users/dark-poe...') #3 {main} thrown in /users/dark-poet.info/htdocs/forums/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 21

All files are chmoded to the values given on the UBB installation page. I would appreciate any help/advice you will provide. Thank you much for your help and time.