Ok, I have to start that I am completely unfamiliar with UBB, UBB Classic and UBB Threads. That said, in the deep bowels of the internet we have been hosting a forum which is rather old ... and has been broken most likely beyond simple repair by an Upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 18.04.

Our tech guy said that he found in the source code that the forum is v 1.102.2.3 -- copyright 2003 AD.

So, my question --- and it seems that the answer is a definite maybe --- is if there is an upgrade/conversion path?

And please ... I absolutely know that this should have been upgraded. We inherited this problem. When I asked the site owner, he responded ... "First of all, the look and feel of the software is totally different from UBB Classic, and a poll of our users at a time when we were fairly active was unanimous in rejecting any thought of moving to UBB Threads. Second, at the time we were considering it, there was no way to convert the existing UBB Classic board to UBB Threads. It required starting from scratch." ... but http://www.ubbcentral.com/doc_old_ubb.php seems to indicate differently.

So, as I do not have access personally to the license this client would have and therefore cannot access the member area, I am hoping that someone can confirm if there is indeed an upgrade path and possibly shed some light on what it is. I would suspect it would require a reinstall of an older version (or two) and if that is indeed the case, are those older versions still available even?

Thanks in advance for any and all input! smile

Al