@Ruben

Options available:
- Disable your custom YouTube tag
This will display YouTube videos inline using the built-in MagicURL parser with the use of just the video's URL.
Your custom YouTube BBCode WILL NOT be displayed in the menu, and it WILL NOT be parsed.
Users can post their YouTube links like they post any other link. It will be parsed. (i.e., URLs parsed as inlined URLs and YouTube links as inlined videos.)
Your previous YouTube custom tags will surround your previously posted YouTube URLs. You can perform a database find/replace on those tags to completely remove them from posts, pm/pt, sigs and other locations where your users may have used them in your forum.

- Keep your custom YouTube tag enabled and disable "Show in Menu" (This is what I use)
Your custom YouTube BBCode WILL NOT be displayed in the menu, but it WILL be parsed.
This will display YouTube videos inline using the built-in MagicURL parser, requiring the use of just the video's URL.
Users can post their YouTube links like they post any other link. It will be parsed. (i.e., URLs parsed as inlined URLs and YouTube links as inlined videos.)
* If you choose, you can perform a database find/replace on those tags to completely remove them from posts, pm/pt, sigs and other locations where your users may have used them in your forum.

- Keep doing what you have been doing. YouTube tag and display are both enabled
Your custom YouTube BBCode WILL be displayed in the menu, and it WILL be parsed.
This will display YouTube videos inline using the built-in MagicURL parser, requiring the use of just the video's URL.
* If you choose, you can perform a database find/replace on those tags to completely remove them from posts, pm/pt, sigs and other locations where your users may have used them in your forum.

Note that not all forums have been using the same Custom BBCode in their menus. For example, one forum may use youtube while another may be using video:youtube.

[Linked Image]

For one of my older forums, I have all custom BBCode media embeds disabled except YouTube Video. It is set to enabled, with "show in menu" as disabled. The members post their YouTube links like they do on their social media sites, while older members who are comfortable in their ways, still type out the YouTube BBCode in their posts. With all Media Tags disabled or not shown, the Media Tag menu in the post editor is not displayed, which reduces some clutter from the editor.

EDIT:
Custom BBCode will override the YouTube MagicURL processing. If you use custom BBCode to inline YouTube videos, your custom BBCode will use the HTML markup and containers you have defined for that custom bbcode rather than the built-in MagicURL processing.

Last edited by isaac; 11/10/2020 5:53 PM. Reason: added Custom BBCode vs built-in MagicURLs note

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com