Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I keep getting a 401.3 error whenever I try to access my Bulletin board anonymously, but when I try to access it as an administrator, it works great. I am testing this on IIS 5.0 and win2k professional. It has been my understanding that this NTFS permissions error but I have everone, administrators and the IUSER account set at full control and this still doesn't work. The thing that I don't get is how come the administrator can get in but the iuser account can't, they have the same permissions.

I cut and pasted UBB into the right directories for this server, and the rest of the set is run with frontpage. I have been fighting this for days. If someone could give me a step by step or point me in the right direction for getting such info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Are your permissions set recursively (for each undedrlying directory?)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
yeah the permissions go all the way thru every underlying file and directory

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have same problem, it is soo frustrating, because i have checked double checked and up to 100 times checked it it seems. Weird thing is i have had it working perfectly before i had to format. I know its gotta be something small.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Mine was working real good too with no problems at all, then I didn't use it for a while, and then bam when I come back to make a few more changes to get it to match my site, I can't even get in.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have recently installed UBB 5.46a and to my knowledge have set it all up correctly but according to the ubb_test.cgi when I test the cgi-bin directory I get all OK's except for Bad file descriptor IUSR_FENWICKSERVER required RWXD permissions in 2 different places and even the one line that says ok for the Members directory it says OK but is also says NOT WRITABLE....I thought it should be set to writable...the problem is I am not sure how to change the IUSR permissions in Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Can someone help me out with this..the UBB acts like it is almost working though.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
DJ -- follow through on what the ubb_test script is saying. It runs the same routines as UBB. If it can't write to files you can be sure th UBB can't either.

Push on to the domain controller. Something is stopping you from giving RWXD to your IUSR_ account. Do *you* have full admin rights to assign permissions for the web server directories?

------------------
Michael Farris
OpenTopic Product Manager + UBB Enthusiast

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29