Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm having a big problem with my board (Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47d). Lately all threads have started to disappear on a regular basis. It helps to recalibrate the board, but it keeps happening. At the same time member profiles get corrupted (probably those who are posting around the time of the crash) so they can't post and have to re-register. The worst thing is, I just moved the board to a new server that was supposedly better suited for a board my size, but now it happened again. What on earth is wrong?

Karsten www.the-circuit.org

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You are describing what usually happens with an out-of-space or excessive filename situation. I am surprised it would happen on a new server unless you transferred some corrupted files. Anyway, read this page and see if it could possible be the problem.

Look for files of zero (0) length in the Forumx and Members directories. Also, see if any of the variables files are zero.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks. I have tried to do as described. It's definitely not a disc space issue, but I may have transferred corrupted files to the new server. I'll wait and see now. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Review the transfer instructions to see if you missed any steps. You can also try the trouble ticket system and ask Infopop to look at your setup.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 524 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29