Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm moving our ubb from happyvalley.com to our new server, and can't seem to get it to work.

If you look at http://64.225.59.46/ubb/cp.html and try to click "General Settings," you get an error message. (Internal Server error) The server is a Windows NT. We're moving from one NT to another, so I'm not sure what I'm not doing correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I get a 404 - object not found error. Be sure the files are loaded in the proper places. UBB is not finding cpanel.cgi in the ubb directory. You may not have correctly edited the BASE HREF in the cplinks.html file to point to your cgi-bin.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I took another look and you seem to have made the edit. If uploading a fresh edited cplinks.html does not clear the problem, open a trouble ticket so Infopop can take a look and see why it is not referring properly.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I tried sending a new cplinks.html file but it didn't help. I've opened a ticket, as you suggested. Thank you for your assistance.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have exactly the same problem on a Windows 2000 server. I'm presuming my permissions aren't set correctly (I tried following the instructions in the word doc for that but it said to configure the permission for a user called Internet Guest Account and I don't have one of those, just an Everyone listed) or it's something to do with Perl. Can I just say that I really hate Perl.

I'd put in a trouble ticket but I don't like the general, we'll charge you money after note. So I guess I'll just have to fiddle with it myself.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
marysia,

Please start a new topic with your problem rather than a "me too". Infopop does not charge for basic help and will tell you if your problem requires extra help with charges. Thye will not be able to set permissions for you unless you are the server administrator or have a control panel that allows you to change permissions. There is an appendix to the UBB Manual and install instructions for Win2000 to help with permissions. Perl help can be obtained at www.perl.org

I am closing this thread.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29