Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#105073 11/13/2000 1:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
we were going along fine, having fun...poof! it quit working. my users are 'deleted', including my admin and moderators. it says it can't find them. however, in the /Members directory, it has the .cgi files with the info about each user, including the missing ones. what to do? thanks in advance.

i have 5.45c, i think, and my url is http://www.subliminalwatts.com/sejje/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105074 11/13/2000 2:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
it's not the out-of-space error either, i created a test folder and uploaded a couple of things, about a meg. plus, i think i have unlimited space. i was looking at the memberlist cgi file, and it was blank. i didn't alter it, however.

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105075 11/13/2000 2:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i'm really getting confused now. i manually edited the memberslist.cgi, and added:
sejje|!!|00000002
..i was the second registered person, after admin5...so, it worked. then, i added the rest of the users, since i only had 12 total, and it doesn't work anymore, not mine or theirs :
and how did it get deleted in the first place?

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105076 11/13/2000 2:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
in case i haven't posted enough about this, here's some more. ok, i said that when i put in the rest of the users, it didn't work. i thought maybe i had them backwards, so i tried reversing the order, where instead of having the first person as 2 and the last as 12, now the first was 12 and the last was 2. well, the users show up when i do user info & permissions, but they don't have a name. just the number that they signed up. all except me. it has my name, number of posts, etc. nobody else has any info besides the number they signed up as.
argh!

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105077 11/13/2000 2:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
now, to finish up, i'll let you know how i solved my problem. i uploaded it in ascii ;p
i still don't know how the memberslist.cgi file got emptied in the first place. it didn't get deleted, but the contents did.

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105078 11/13/2000 3:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Its known as a hiccup. You'll notice when it first happens(most of the time) that one or more of the forums have been brought back to 0 posts. When someone posts in that forum for a certain amount of time, they will be deleted. I know this because its happened to me plenty of times.

I havent been able to restore the members, so I would delete the name and let them reregister. The forums I fix by deleting the last topic posted. FOr some reason, after doing that, it goes back to normal.

#105079 11/13/2000 5:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This was probably more than just a 'hiccup'! It sounds like you experienced an out of space condition. Things like that can be VERY dangerous for your UBB. Please check with your webhost and ensure that they have adequate disk space and that you're below any file quotas.

If this happens again, you should probably read the recovery instructions...

------------------
Charles Capps, Moderator, Post-Install Troubleshooting
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time limitations, I do not provide UBB support via email.

#105080 11/13/2000 6:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
it wasn't out of space. i have unlimited space. i checked for that, after reading about it in some other guy's story. but it's solved, for now at least.

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105081 11/13/2000 6:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i have another question, but this probably isn't the place for it. i'm asking anyway. at kraproom.com's forum, they have an 'instant message this person' option. i want it! is that a newer version or such?

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105082 11/13/2000 6:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Just because you have "unlimited space" does *NOT* mean that your host actually has any space left. Any host offering "unlimited" anything is not worth your business, it can NOT be provided.

------------------

#105083 11/13/2000 6:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ooohhh. but i uploaded stuff, it wasn't out of space. and um, what about my aim options? 8-)

------------------
sejje.net
jeetness.

#105084 11/13/2000 9:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Sorry, didn't see that message - you caught me typing. *L*

That's a code hack... check the Code Hacking forum.

------------------

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 606 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29