Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've been trying to install UBB today and everything seemed to be going fine until I was instructed togo to the control panel page (cp.html) and click on General Settings. I could get to the control panel alright but when i click on General Settings or any of the other options all i get is a "403 - Forbidden" error and get told I don't have authorization. Have I set something up wrong?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What is the URL to your control panel? Ensure that all file and directory permissions are set correctly.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The URI of the control panel is http://violentlyhappy.webprovider.com/ubb/cp.html .
I got rid of everything and reuploaded setting all the permissions again but it hasn't seemed to have helped.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
According to your hosts FAQ you cannot use the cgi-bin directory for cgi scripts. Create a cgi-local directory and try running the scripts from there.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks a lot! That worked. I hadn't seen that FAQ before only the other CGI thing they've got, I'll check it out first next time.
Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29