Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
http://www.19wheels.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Just waits and waits and waits and waits.

I ran the test script to check the permissions and everything and it all came out good...

I can run the Ultimate.cgi from the command line on the server.... it generates output, but it also generates a lot of errors to stderr... here are a few.. there are about 100 of them..

Name "main::BBTitle" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 880.

There are differences between the old server and the new server.. the old was running redhat 7.3 with Apache 1.3.29 and perl 5.6.1 ... the new server is running Redhat 9.0, Apache 2.0.49, and perl 5.8.0

My UBB version is 5.47d

I cannot find the licence information anywhere (we bought it a LONG time ago)

- Rick

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Moving this down into the 5-series forums...

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Okay, first things first - did you follow the 5-series instructions when moving the board?

Do the control panel scripts work?

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
I did not follow those instructions.. I simple tarred/gzipped the files, transferred them, then ungzipped/untarred them... the directory paths were all the exactly the same, as was the domain name and everything else.

I went through and checked my permissions, they all seem to be okay (as I stated in my original message).

The control panel scripts run, but when I try to log in, they just hang, just like the main screen does.

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Oh also in step 4 under general settings, there is no link to configure for the first time... it says:

"Your UBB paths are already configured. Identify yourself by filling in the UserName and Password fields below!"

And presents me with a login screen.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You've checked permissions, but have you checked ownership?

I'm not sure what would cause the scripts to hang like that. It shouldn't/can't be the file locking, as the 5-series does not have effective file locking...

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Yes, I checked the ownership of the files and directories as well.

The "Ultimate.cgi" script runs okay from the command line, but generates a lot of errors... is this normal?

Name "main::BBTitle" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::FDTextSize" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 880.
Name "main::VisitedLinkColor" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::BBClosedMessage" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 81.
Name "main::CategoryStripTextColor" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 445.
Name "main::LastLoginDT" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::LastLogin" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 880.
Name "main::LastLoginJulian" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::MembersPath" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 285.
Name "main::HeaderInsert" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::ThePath" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 719.
Name "main::ForumDescriptions" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 556.
Name "main::AllowSearch" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 711.
Name "main::Browser" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 708.
Name "main::BBStatus" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 80.
Name "main::CatOrder" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 672.
Name "main::COPPAType" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 156.
Name "main::BBTitleFontColor" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::UseEmail" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 172.
Name "main::ActiveLinkColor" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::LinkColor" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::TextColor" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Name "main::TimeZone" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 894.
Name "main::ThisCatNam" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 364.
Name "main::SetCookies" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 718.
Name "main::CGIPath" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 107.
Name "main::DisplayRegistration" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 705.
Name "main::DisplayMemberTotal" used only once: possible typo at ./Ultimate.cgi line 284.
Unquoted string "blank" may clash with future reserved word at ubb_library.pl line 150.
Useless use of a constant in void context at ubb_library.pl line 970.
Useless use of a constant in void context at ubb_library.pl line 973.
Scalar value @forline[0] better written as $forline[0] at ubb_library.pl line 2143.
Undefined value assigned to typeglob at ubb_library.pl line 1153.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./Ultimate.cgi line 45.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ubb_library.pl line 2375.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./Ultimate.cgi line 226.
Use of uninitialized value in string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 232.
Use of uninitialized value in string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 233.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./Ultimate.cgi line 291.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 708.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 708.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ubb_library.pl line 2084.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 723.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./Ultimate.cgi line 803.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./Ultimate.cgi line 807.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 825.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 825.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ubb_library.pl line 2375.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at ./Ultimate.cgi line 335.
Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at ./Ultimate.cgi line 584.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 634.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 880.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 634.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 894.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ./Ultimate.cgi line 894.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at ubb_library.pl line 525.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
For the 5-series, yeah, that's all normal. Don't bother trying to run under warnings mode, as you'll get flooded with errors such as those. There is minimal error checking...

What I want you to do is grab the 6-series Trial Version and install it elsewhere on your server.

If it installs properly, then the problem is somewhere in the existing 5-series installation. But if it also locks up, then it's more likely to be a server configuration issue rather than a problem with the boards themselves.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29