Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
But in as much as the old Threads forums are like a funeral home, I have an very important question I need help with. I have Threads 6.5.2. I just installed a brand new server and latest version of Red-Hat and MySql. My problem is this. WHen I e-mail my members, the e-mails that are SUPPOSED to be returned to me as "Mailer Daemon" Are not being directed to my mail box and they are out there in cyber-space somewhere. Where do I go in Threads or MySql to direct those returned e-mails back to my e-mail box.

Thanks and PLEASE don't ban me. cry

Musky

How's all this "hopie-changie" working out for you???
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you mail through threads then the return addres should be that which you entered as your forum email address (I'm not sure where the option is offhand as i don't have a 6.x version of threads running anywhere).

As for the mailer daemon emails, not sure, you may tinker with your aliases file (/etc/aliases likely, may be differant on yoru setup), and scroll down to see where messages sent to the mailer daemon are going, if youw ant these to go to your email, change the associated user to your user account. I think by default they go to root.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
If you mail through threads then the return addres should be that which you entered as your forum email address (I'm not sure where the option is offhand as i don't have a 6.x version of threads running anywhere).

My e-mail is set correctly in threads: but the returned e-mail gets dumped someone else on the server and I can't find where it is. It is independent of the return address in threads.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Odd, a bounceback should be returned to the sender (being the forum sender email address); its odd that it'd just be returned to the mailer daemon..

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
That's why I am asking for some help

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
WEll, as i stated before, the aliases file will contain the user who recieves the mailer daemon emails; you can update this to be your user account; this file will vary depending on your mail server, but should be /etc/aliases

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
In some cases we can't override the default mail that is set via php.ini. If you check your php.ini file, if you have access to it, there is a section that sets what email address to send from.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29