Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
All we really need to know about the the list of boards upfront is what they are and how many new messages since our last visit. We also need to be able to quickly select the next one to read.

If you move the sort options into the profile you could then put the list of boardnames (with a small newcount flag) into the menu where it would be always visible. The info about the board could go into a lead message "About this Board" which would be marked as keep and would at the same time get rid of the dead timestamp on new boards.

For a New User, the opening screen would be the Welcome - please register. When they hit the submit button it would immediately take them to the UserProfile where an additional choice would be "What Board do you want to see first on each visit?" - defaulting to Announcements.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This is more of a specific need option. In some cases I can where this would be wanted, but not in all. Putting the list of boards into the menu would cause problems in some places as they have a ton of boards and the menu listing would be huge. Also it would mean pulling out everything that points back to the main forum index. While I do try and always will try to keep the software flexible, this would be too large of a change to make into an option. These types of features are 'specific need' features and will not appear in the main release of WWWThreads.

I will distribute all modifications of WWWThreads, so if someone wants to tackle this project and make these changes I would happily distribute it as a modified version.

---
'If it's worth doing, It's worth doing loudly'
Scream

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I take your point. Two things that would be useful in doing a splitscreen modification:
1) You know the drop-down list box for choosing a forum to work on in Admin? Well, I'd like to add a similar box to the top of each forum list so they could easily jump to another forum directly.
2) Can I add a target attribute to the refresh Metatag? (How?)

[ADMIN NOTE: THIS FEATURED HAS BEEN ADDED]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 484 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29