Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
In the profile settings, could the "parent messages per page" perhaps be changed to "total messages per page"? As an example, a user enters "100" as the number of messages per page, and if the user views pages in "expanded view" it would display 100 messages total including parent and child messages, but if they use "collapsed view", it would display 100 parent messages.

In the current setup, it works fine in collapsed mode, but then there's no consistency in the expanded mode, ie. there could be any number of messages displayed depending on how many responses there were to the parent's.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
That would be a tough thing to change, and I don't know if it would even be possible without a cludgy hack. Right now it is pretty easy to calculate how many total pages there are, and what page you are currently on. Changing it to where it would only show a certain number of posts even in expanded mode would make it very difficult to achieve the same thing. I will look into it, but I can't promise anything on this one.

---
'If it's worth doing, It's worth doing loudly'
Scream

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 524 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29