Hi there! Not sure if this has been asked for yet or not, if so, my apologies for the repeat. But I was wondering if the following feature might be possible. The way the current group system works, an admin must bring up a user's list of groups before they can edit the groups assigned to that user.

I would like to see a Moderator, assigned to a specific forum, have the ability to add/remove a group tag associated with private forums from within their Moderator control panel (i.e. the panel the moderators get when they click on Admin). This would require a new group list to be created and maintained automatically by the system. In other words, for each "Private" forum I create, two forum groups would be created for that forum. Here's how it would work:

1.) The admin goes ionto the Admin control panel and selects the option to "Create a new Board".

2.) On the Create Board form, you have the standard fields you currently have with one check box being added. This check box basically defines whether or not this forum is considered to be "private" or not.

3.) If a forum is marked (checked) as Private the script would automatically generates two new groups (i.e. Read Only and Read/Write). This group is assigned to that forum automatically.

4.) A moderator of that forum would then have the ability to edit ONLY groups related to the forums they are moderating.

The end result here is it gives the Moderator a bit more control over their own forum(s) without the admin having to give out complete admin access just so a moderator can edit access to forums.

I think these "private" groups would belong in a seperate table from the standard groups table that currently has the 99 group limitation. It's just an idea, but it would allow for a lot more flexibility in how access to various forums is handled.

Jhariden