Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've followed the upgrade instructions for 5 to 6, but now when I attempt to run the ubb_upgrade.cgi script, I get the following message:

./ubb_upgrade.cgi: Command not found.

The PERL path is correct, and I'm running 5.6.0 (latest). Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
BTW, the same thing happens when I run ultimatebb.cgi...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What is the URL to both those files, your control panel, and to your 5.xx board?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i cannot access ultimatebb.cgi too. but everything runs fine (the control panel).

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
h4p3, please do not me too. Start a new post with your problem and include the URL to your control panel.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The UBB URL is (will be) http://CdnArmy.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi .

Not too much to see there, just the error page. I'm still doing testing to see if I can track the problem down further...

The Control Panel URL is as above but with a cp.cgi at the end, and it gives the same error.

Note: I can see the error when I run the CGIs from a command shell, not when I run them via the web...

Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Update:

Running "./ubb_upgrade.cgi" gives the "Command not found." error, however running "perl ./ubb_upgrade.cgi" seems to work.

To me, that indicates a problem with PERL or the PERL path, but I've confirmed it's correct.

I have 2 CGIs, both with the same path, one works, one doesn't... Still checking...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Premature end of script headers means that either the files weren't uploaded in ascii or the perl path is incorrect. Ensure that all files except images have been uploaded in ascii and that the correct path to perl 5 is specified in the cgi files.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Ok, I think I got it. Apparently there was a problem with a bunch of the files, caused by the way they were brought over to the server. I would suspect ASCII FTP, but I FTP'd the zip file over as a whole.

At any rate, I manually FTPd the individual files over as ASCII, and they're a different size than the originals.

Seems to have worked though.

Cheers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Nightcrawler), 549 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29