Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Still playing with the UBB Demo v6.x and have one lat problem... Currently running my own server in house (W2K server, IIS5, Perl, etc) via a hardware router & cable modem. I do not plan on having a hosting provider anytime soon, so if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Problem: When accessing the UBB forums from an outside (i.e. off our LAN), everything works correctly. When trying to access the UBB forums on our network, it tries to resolve DNS for the site and never returns back (we have a router that is doing our NAT). I tried plugging in the internal IP of the server in IE & am able to pull up the UBB main page, but without icons. Of course, trying to post anything tries to resolve our domain name of which will never return a result (I guess since the domain name is local).

Is there a way to trick the PC's on our LAN (behind the firewall & router) to resolve all the UBB functions internally for us in the house, and still be able to resolve pages externally for outside people?

FYI - the main web site sorks fine by substituting the domain name (in the URL) with the server internal IP. I assumed UBB would follow the same suit.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Are you not able to access it with a browser from the URL?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 639 guests, and 217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29