Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello all,
I am having problems with the install. I have searched the board and the faq's with no answer to my question so I hope somone can help. I am installing UBB to an NT 4.0 machine with Perl 5.006 installed. I made a test install to my C: drive and the hello.cgi and pl worked fine. I then moved the install due to space to my D drive and recieved the % 1 is not a valid Win Nt message. Which I have read the cause for this is Pearl is not installed. I can run the hello.cgi and PL from a dos promt on the D drive and get the correct results so Pearl seems to work at least through Dos. The permissions are set exactly the same on both drive's so that should not be a problem. Any help on how to get UBB to work on my D drive would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
We have it working on the D: drive, so there's nothing special about it being setup there...

A couple of things:
  • Did you make the changes in IIS to point to the new location?
  • Did you map cgi to perl in the new folders yet?
  • Did you set permissions in the new folders for the IUSR_machinename acct?

Post back and we'll work it out...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks for the reply, and to answer your questions.

Did you make the changes in IIS to point to the new location? Yes I made these changes.

Did you map cgi to perl in the new folders yet? Ok this is possibly the problem, when it comes to perl I am basically an illiterate. I ran the cgi's on the d drive from a dos window and they worked fine, so I assumed pearl was mapped ok but when I run them from the browser I get the errors. If you could inform me where I can obtain the info on mapping pearl I would appreciate it. I have read the read me files that are installed with pearl and found nothing.

Did you set permissions in the new folders for the IUSR_machinename acct? Yes this has already been taken care of.

Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No problem... we all were at some point. Check this tutorial out for mapping cgi to perl:

http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/actperl/actperl.html

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks a million AllenAyres, this got me up an going in a flash. Now I just have to poke my way around and get used to the program.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,009 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29