Print Thread
Hop To
#152588 09/24/2001 5:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,

Some of my users have a problem where when they post to a topic, once they are returned to the thread, their reply doesn't show up. If they post a second time, it will then make the first reply show up as well as the second reply. Clearing their caches, clearing cookies, etc has no effect on this problem. Some users have this problem regularly, others have it once in a while and others never have it.

Sometimes, just hitting the back button to the "Thanks for posting page" and letting it return you to the thread will then make the reply show up. Other times, it will stay in limbo until they reply a second (or sometimes third time) to the thread or if someone else comes along and replies to the thread.

I'm using version 6.05 and the board is located here.

Suffice to say, this problem is very annoying for the people that have it regularly. I have roughly 6500 members, but this problem happened even when I only had 15.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Unfortunately, you have made signifigant changes to your UBB's source code. Because we can no longer be assured that the code is working as we expect it to, we can not support modified boards. Please return to an unmodified UBB for the duration of troubleshooting.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Which all come from Ubbdev, which is supposedly supported by your company, no?

The problems have actually been happening before I implemented any of the hacks. And, I've even uninstalled some of the hacks to see if that would rectify the problem, but there was no reportable difference.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No, UBBDev is not "supported"... in fact, we handed off all the hacking stuff to them so that we wouldn't look so silly (as offering a hacking forum while not providing support for hacked boards made for some sticky situations).

So, as I stated, please go back to a clean copy of the scripts so we can provide proper troubleshooting.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29