Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#163142 01/17/2003 12:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have a weird problem with our new installation of ubb.classic 6.4.01. It's an annoyance some people are experiencing, but not everyone. I've tried to replicate it on three computers and versions of browsers, and cannot make the problem happen for me.

For some people, clicking on a forum topic takes them to the bottom of the thread (sort of an "autoscroll feature") instead of starting at the top so they can click the "Jump to New Posts" icon if they want. They complain that they want to read the thread all the way through instead of just new posts.

It's not happening to me, nor to most members, so I can't figure it out. There's no common denominator -- not the browsers these people are using, nor their frequency on the board -- but it happens to some people and not to others.

Any ideas what might be causing this, and is there anything that could be done about it?

#163143 01/17/2003 1:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,

There is the "The Blue Arrow" feature, when clicked it allows users to jump down to new posts in a thread. However, you don't have that feature turned on. I'm not sure what may be causing the auto-scroll; I can't seem to replicate the problem as well. What may be causing the auto scroll are mice that have a wheel button that can be activated if pressed.

Jacob Tovés
Customer Support Lead
Infopop Corporation

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29