Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
After upgrading from 6.2 to 6.3.1.1 onto a win2k server, I am getting graphics/icon distortion or corruption.

Buttons like "new topic" and even the infopop logo just above the version number at the bottom of the page appear unclear and corrupted.

Is there a cure for this issue?

Thanks in advance.
RV4

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Try to upload a fresh copy of your images from your zip and see if that cures the issue.

---------------------
Suite Madame Blue....Gaze in your looking glass..you're not a child any more!
TheGeeksInc.com Forums
Have you tried Everwars yet?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I re-uploaded images in binary mode, didn't work.

Here is the link to my bulletin board, have a look at the icons and images.

http://www.air-mechanic.com/cgi-bin/AMUBB/ultimatebb.cgi

[This message was edited by RV4 on September 28, 2003 at 03:10 PM.]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The images have indeed not been properly uploaded. Chances are that your FTP server is being silly and is silently refusing to overwrite the files. Delete each of the corrupted images, then upload a new, known good copy.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Charles,

There is some other problem!

I went all the way back to version 6.1.0.2 and it also has the distorted images.

Win2k server? Is there something I am missing here?

In other words, I completly deleted my entire board and install a fresh version of older software and the problem still exist...

I'm at a loss now!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
UBB cannot have any thing to do with distorted images. You can go back up to the version you were using.

The problem can only be caused by your FTP client or the actual images being uploaded. First ensure the images you are uploading are not already distorted. If they're fine then try using another FTP client to delete all the images off the server and then reuploading the images.

----------------------
[]http://www.bowlingfans.com/ubb/icons/icon911.gif[/] Steve
Volunteer Moderator - UBBâ„¢Central's Advanced UBB.classicâ„¢ Forum

#!/usr/bin/geekâ„¢ | BowlingFans.comâ„¢ | BowlingCommunity.comâ„¢
Since your questions could also be of benefit to other users, I won't answer support questions by e-mail, PM, or IM. Please post them to the board instead.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Let me see if I can describe what happened here.

I transfered my bulletin board from a UNIX to a WIN2K server. The .gif images in UBB6 worked fine when uploaded to the UNIX, but look corrupted when uploaded to the WIN2K server.

I could open the .gifs in Photoshop before upload and they looked fine, however, once uploaded, if I used "right-click" and then "save picture as", then the image would lock-up my Photoshop Software when attempting to opening the file for viewing+.

I opened all images and icons prior to FTP transfer in Photoshop and re-saved them using Photoshop's "Save for Web" function. This corrected to corruption problem when uploading to the WIN2K server.

Although the UBB images and icon .gif's worked fine on the UNIX server, and the problem appears to be WIN2K server related. It is interesting to note that I altered the "saved" dither settings on the UBB .gifs and the problem was corrected. Thus the FIX, is altering images in the software prior to uploading.

I would suggest that you take this information to your developement team and share this experience with them. I believe the WIN2K Server/UBB .gif conflict will become more serious as more hosting servers go to WIN2K servers.

Thanks for your help, and I apologoze for rambling, but I just spent 3 Days working on this problem, and find my solution may be worthy for others to know about. My GOD I was frustrated and the fix was quite simple once the problem was identified.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 339 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29