Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#164976 10/05/2006 2:12 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to be able to note the reason when deleting a post. That way it's clear to other Mods and Admins when they see a post was deleted.

smile

Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC
They way that I handle this situation of deleted posts is the following:

I make a forum named "Special Folder" ( or you can name it anything you want) and put this forum in the "administrative Category". Then I only give access to the "Special Folder" to moderators and me. I have instructed my moderators NEVER to delete a post...as once it is deleted it is gone for ever.......Rather I instruct them to MOVE any questionable thread in this "Special Folder" and to make a reply to the post in question telling us why they removed it from public access. This was I can keep track of what posts (and posters) I need to review. This allows me to make sure mods aren't getting to aggressive in their jobs. If it turns out that the post in question is one that appears to be ok.....I can move it back to the correct forum and.

This system has worked for me for three years now.

Musky

How's all this "hopie-changie" working out for you???
journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, I've been doing that same method you mention since .classic v5. It works for "deleting" a complete topic. When you need to delete a single post, it doesn't do ya' any good. wink

Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 553 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29