Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#168768 11/22/2006 10:23 AM
old hand
old hand
Hi all,
I imported my Threads 6.5.1 to 7.0 and most everything went well. I did this initial import just to see what all did or did not come over and figure out what changes I need to make. But when I am ready to actually go live with me new 7.0, I will want to re-import and I have a couple of questions.

• When I did the import I guess I must have answered one of the import questions about admin wrong bcause now I have two accounts with my forum name as admin, except one is a dup, like this:

Basil
    Basil_dup1

The Basil_dup1 seems to be the one that got associated with my post count, etc. So, what do I need to do to not have the duplicate admin account and just have me be the same member number I currently am on 6.5.1?
  • Second question. My "new" attachments directory is like this ..../newforum/memberfiles and my old dir is .../oldforum/memberfiles. Even though I moved attachment files to the new directory, when I try to view an attachment from a thread in 7.0 I get "Page Cannot be Found". What do I need to do to make sure that all the attachments in posts can still be seen?
  • To re-import, should I empty ALL tables or just certain tables? I have some new styles so I assume I need to export the styles table then import it back when I do the re-import of 6.5.1. What tables are actually mported and which tables should be left alone is another way of asking it. Is the portal setup stored in tables or flat files?

If there is anything else I should consider when I do the re-import, please let me know

I have another question about re-directing but I'll open a separate thread for that question.

Thanks,
Basil

Basil #168827 11/22/2006 7:03 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Grab the user number of them both, then go to member management and click the merge user link (I'm not sure if it's on the member management page directly or if it's on the edit user screen).

I think the old attachments want their old directory path, you could try setting a redirect in your .htaccess file; post both full url's and i'll make you a quick line for it.

To re import you'll export your styles, then drop ALL mysql tables, then run "createtables.php" from your install directory then run your importer. All of the critical settings to run an install are set in your config file, but a lot of customization settings are stored in the db.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #168851 11/22/2006 9:24 PM
old hand
old hand
Well, here's what's strange, I have all teh same files in both the old and the new directories and I have tried pointing to both in teh control panel and the result is the same. I'd rather try to get it to work properly while pointing at the NEW directory before I try any sort of kludge with a re-direct.

Basil

Basil #168853 11/22/2006 9:42 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The redirect would simply send all requests to the old directory to the new one; it's my thought that the current posts are pointing people at the old URL versus the new one (which would make sense that the old URL is what is set in the database).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #168854 11/22/2006 10:03 PM
old hand
old hand
Ok, well the full URLs are:

OLD:
/home/mysite/public_html/ubbt/memberfiles
(path: http://www.mysite.com/ubbt/memberfiles)

NEW:
/home/mysite/public)html/forum/memberiles
(path: http://mysite.com/forum/memberfiles)

(Of course I've changed it slightly but can make necessary changes once you make the re-director)

FWIW, I tried posting a NEW post and attaching a file and I have the same problem - the attachment can't be seen. When I click the attachment I get "This PAge Can Not Be Displeyed"

(The file does get put in the directory by the way)

Basil

Basil #168859 11/22/2006 11:12 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
mmm, if the path isn't working in the *new* location, I'm not sure there (make sure the folder is chmodded 777).

As for a redirector, this should work (this goes in a .htaccess file):
Code
redirect 301 /ubbt/memberfiles http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/memberfiles
redirect 301 /ubbt/memberfiles/ http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/memberfiles/

If it doesn't work in your htaccess file in your web root, you could try putting one in your ubbt folder and set it as:
Code
redirect 301 /memberfiles http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/memberfiles
redirect 301 /memberfiles/ http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/memberfiles/

Gizmo #168861 11/22/2006 11:21 PM
old hand
old hand
I'll try this, but I really think something else is going on here. In the new dir, I have made certain that it is CHMOD 777 and the test in the control panel does work just fine - says the dir exists and is writable. But yet, even when I post a new message and attach a file, the picture will not display when I click the attach link. (but the file DOES get uploaded when I do the attachment) YET - in the Files table the count does get incremented every time I attemp to view it, so at least that part of the download.inc.php script is working.

Basil #168863 11/22/2006 11:33 PM
old hand
old hand
No dice. Must be something else going on. frown

old hand
old hand
I fixed it!! Yippie!! It was such a dumb thing! I tried uploading a picture that was small enough that it would appear inline in the post and when I did, all I got in the post was the dreaded red-X. So I right-clicked the image and looked at properties. The problem jumped off the screen and hit me clean between the eyes! The URL to the attachmenets dir had a typo! I left off the ".com" on my URL in the Control Panel, so instead of /mysite.com/forum/attachments/image.jpg I had /mysite/forum/attachmenets/image.jpg. As soon as I went to the attachments section and corrected the "Full URL" entry" to add the .com, then ALL attachments are now working! So, even though the test link for the "Attachment Storage Directory" was passing the test, the download.inc.php script was throwing "Page Cannot be Displayed" because the "Full URL to Attachment Directory" field had the small typo of not including the .com!

I'm happier than a pig in a new mud puddle!

Basil

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
hahaha, nice error wink... Glad it's fixed smile

D
D Offline
I have this issue of needing to merge myself. I was member 0 when I started this board and member 1 on my old board. On this one after import, I am 2 and 3. I can't figure out where this merge is, but I badly need to find it. Can anyone give exact location? Thanks.

D
D Offline
Regarding that member merge - Gizzy, ignore my latest PM. I found it. Wow, what a nice bunch of tools this board has. Anyway, it is Edit Profile, and you have to be on the duplicate, not the one you are logged in as or the option doesn't show up. Then you do merge member and put in the number of the one you are logged in as, and poof!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Works well don't it wink...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 343 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29