Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Would like to request further enhancements to the ability to control access to Forums and Features based on USER/GROUP membership.

i.e. If I have 20 forums and I charge different fees for each, would like to control who has access to which depending on Group or User level controls or something similar.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Haven't you already purchased? Why are you posting this under pre sales? laugh

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Actually no I have not. I run a board where someone else has given me full Admin control and sort of abandoned it, but I'm thinking of starting my own totally different site and subject and I envision needing this type of features.

So, that will come out of my own pocket if I buy a license - curious if UBBT may have this enhancement any time soon?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ahh, gotcha wink

Actually, that type of control is built in already on a per group basis. Access to forums are based on Groups. There are several built in groups, Admins, Moderators, Users and Guests. Then you can create your own custom groups that might contain 1 user, or 1000 users. At that point you can assign individual permissions to forums to those groups.

So, Group A, might be able to see and post to forums 1, 2 and 3. Group B might only be able to see and post to forums 2 and 3. Group C might be able to see forums 2 and 3 but only post to forum 3.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks, that's what I thought, but we sort of had some issues with doing that. But that I think was because we wanted to give "some" Moderator type permissions but could not find a way to do it via User or Group without giving him Moderator status.

Thus still think some more granular controls could be added.

Basically allow the DB to control using another account what rights a user has if needed.

Thanks again Rick.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 919 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29