Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by FordDoctor
Hmmm, I was hoping to get the FlashChat developer to do this work. Now I feel like I owe someone. blush

Shhhhhh! I gave Gizmo a cookie and he's happy. laugh

FWIW - If possible I'd rather have someone with a strong Threads background to do it, cuz I don't want my Threads database to go bye-bye or anything. wink

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm looking at the integration file, and wondering the best way to go about it, a LOT has change from 6.5 to 7.0 lol.. I took and emailed the lead dev over there and hope to get an email back from him. I would however like to encourage all of you who're interested in flashchat to let them know (legitly, don't register 9 accounts to make one point, it's annoying and gets you no where) here

If I don't get an email back tomorrow I'll give it another shot wink...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol I'm sure Rick would do it if one would be willing to donate their support units for the cause wink...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gizmo
donate their support units for the cause

Support Units? confused

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You know, when you buy or upgrade your license, you're given X ammount of support units (i believe every unit is an hour); i've heard of them being used towards some custom coding on some things wink

Last edited by Gizmo; 01/05/2007 10:05 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
shocked Well I'll be damned! I did not know that I had units! Maybe I shoulda read a little closer when I bought a license. Besides, I wouldn't want to bother Rick with something that is not his product but I am always willing to donate to the cause.

Webmaster by night! cool
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
They are called HOURS now, not units and unless you bought time specifically or bought the 5 year license then you won't have any support hours.

UBB.threads Licenses
https://www.ubbcentral.com/purchase.php

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
i have a lifetime wink

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Gizmo
i have a lifetime wink

That's why you can't afford the car under the tree at Christmas time grin

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
my users bought it for me several xmases ago

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
That is really cool, one can only wish/hope for users that generous.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's sad though, cas the community is slow in recent years, but the main userbase is quite loyal...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I do have it on my list to do some sort of a chatroom feature in an upcoming version as it would be somewhat based on the shoutbox code.

You mean something like this some day?

http://www.craftysyntax.com/

http://www.helpcenterlive.com/features.php

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd love to see some sort of integrated ajax chat... i likely wouldn't use it since we're quite loyal to our IRC server, but I think it'd be a really cool feature to most communities smile

I like this idea too

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
FYI, the FlashChat integration works with 7.1 Final now; there is a fix posted at UBBDev for their integration file that comes with their latest build.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I was just over there. That is really cool! I am going to wait until they fix the bug which shouldn't take long. I also need to update my UBB Threads to 7.1! blush Updating always makes me nervous especially because my boards are working so well right now.

Webmaster by night! cool
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The mod over at their parts said that they'd get it patched and updated, but I have no idea how long it'd take; it's a simple fix, they where just referencing the table with the wrong name in the latest version of their integration file.

old hand
old hand
Has anyone developed a script that can show who is online in the flashchat, and have that show in a sidebar?

I used to have that for an earlier version of another chat program I had..

http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Addict
Addict
Hi Stan,

If you are using the same Flashchat that I am using, then I have a script for you, as I have it showing on the right column at MSDAOL.

old hand
old hand
Got that, thanks DF,

Now has anyone done the code to have the Screen Name show up rather than the login?

http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
enthusiast
enthusiast
I recall starting this mess months ago and I gave up on integrating deciding to wait it out for a while. Thanks to several people and a few mods I collected on three different forums I finally integrated my Flash Chat last night. For the record, I used the 7.1 CMS option when installing Flash Chat to integrate UBB Threads 7.0.2 which I am still running. blush

The one thing that I can add that might help a lot of people is that you MUST upload the Flash Chat directory/files under your UBB directory. This way, the installation script can pick up the information for your UBB database where it too must set up its database and access certain tables from your UBB database. Maybe this is commonly known among programmers, developers and technical geeks but some of us don't know any better. Myself, I had given Flash Chat it's own directory and its own database on my server. This wont work! It is not written anywhere that I looked that in order to integrate Flash Chat with CMS it needs to be set up to use the same database. Like I said, this is probably obvious to some, but I think it is something that needs to be spelled out for the rest of us. wink Yes, I feel stupid. It is however suggested in the integration instructions to set it up in the forum directory which I finally read carefully and proceeded to do. blush After that, I edited a couple files and had it working nicely in no time. Now feeling less stupid than before... I learned a lot!

THANK YOU to all who contributed here, at UBBDEV and in the Tufat forum.

Webmaster by night! cool
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (DennyP, 1 invisible), 969 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29