Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
LYK
stranger
stranger
L Offline
*SQL Error:* Can't open file: 'ubbt_topics.MYI'. (errno: 145)
*SQL Error #:* 1016
*Query:* select t1.TOPIC_ID,t1.POST_ID,t2.USER_DISPLAY_NAME,t1.TOPIC_CREATED_TIME,t1.TOPIC_LAST_REPLY_TIME,t1.TOPIC_SUBJECT, t1.TOPIC_STATUS,t1.TOPIC_IS_APPROVED,t1.TOPIC_ICON,t1.TOPIC_VIEWS,t1.TOPIC_REPLIES,t1.TOPIC_TOTAL_RATES, t1.TOPIC_RATING,t3.USER_NAME_COLOR,t2.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL,t1.USER_ID,t1.TOPIC_IS_STICKY,t1.TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_ID, t1.TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_NAME,t1.TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID,t1.TOPIC_IS_EVENT,t1.TOPIC_HAS_FILE,t1.TOPIC_HAS_POLL from ubbt_TOPICS as t1 left join ubbt_USERS as t2 on t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID left join ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t3 on t1.USER_ID = t3.USER_ID where t1.FORUM_ID = 35 and t1.TOPIC_IS_STICKY = '0' ORDER BY t1.TOPIC_LAST_REPLY_TIME DESC LIMIT 30 /

Anyone know why? Our forum is running in a dedicated Windows server

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It looks like one or more of your index files are corrupted. If you have access to SSH or Remote Desktop then you should run some repair checks on your database. If you don't have direct access then your Control Panel (from your host provider) should have a method to run checks on it as well.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It appears you have a corrupt ubbt_TOPICS table. You can try running the following SQL command to repair it:

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_TOPICS

You should close your forum before running the command to prevent further corruption.

L
LYK
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Yes, we did the MySQL fixes everyday. Anyone know why it always happen to our forum? What causing this problem?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What version of MySQL and what version of UBBT ?

Is this a Windows host account or a VSP or dedicated ?

It could also be hardware related with cache write issues. Modern software/hardware should rarely see these types of errors on MySQL.

L
LYK
stranger
stranger
L Offline
PHP Version 4.4.4
It is the latest UBB version.
The forum is running in our Windows dedicated server.

Please suggest as we can not afford so many MySQL errors each day.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hi Lyk don't mean to be a pain but "latest" is not a version and many times when someone says it's "latest" they are wrong.

If you hover your mouse over the "Powered by UBB.threads™" at the bottom of the board it will tell you the version, here it is 7.1b4

You can also go into your control panel and check the version.

If you're running 7.02 then I would have to bet that something is going on hardware wise or you have an extremely busy board.

If you have ROOT access via SSH or Remote Desktop then check in Event Viewer under Administrator Tools and it should show if there are errors in the hardware.

You can run task manager to get a general idea of how much resources are being used. If CPU/RAM is being exhausted then you may have to run some other tests to determine why.

I think there was an older version of UBBT that Rick fixed a caching issue that "might" cause this but need more details to determine.

Thanks.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Table corruption basically happens when MySQL tries to write to disk and it gets messed up in the process. Common causes of this are MySQL crashing in the middle of a write. Normally this is more apt to happen on very busy tables. You'll see this happened quite often for the Online table before being converted to a memory table. The topics table does see a fair amount of writes, but nothing extensive.

Slow hard drives can also make the tables more prone to corruption. Basically it's just a corrupted file. Though MySQL is a database, it still stores everything in files, and if the file can't be written cleanly you'll get the corruption.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes, and Windows will show that write error in the event viewer (at least it should)

L
LYK
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Sorry. The board is running verion 7.0.1.

Event Viewer is not showing hardware errors. The CPU/RAM is not being exhausted less than 20%CPU used and 600MB RAM free out of 1GB total.

The board is quite busy but should not be overly taxing on the server. It is a Windows 2003 server as the platform OS.

L
LYK
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Thanks for the help so far. We are looking at this from a slow HDD perspective. We are running an IDE hot swap RAID 1 chassis on the server and it may be the bottleneck.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
ok - keep us updated & if you need further help just ask smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You could also try running this:

chkdsk c: /f /r /v
chkdsk d: /f /r /v

Use your drive letters and it will run a full check on each volume, then once it's back up you can also run a Defrag of the system.

Clean out your temp files. Actually go in and make sure PHP isn't creating a ton of them. Mine was doing that at one time too because I had a setting wrong in the php.ini file. It should create and then auto delete them on it's own.
I had over 65,000 temp files from that issue and it did slow the box down and cause errors.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by ntdoc
I had over 65,000 temp files from that issue and it did slow the box down and cause errors.
That was a fun error to find though... wink

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29