Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Addict
Addict
I replaced some of the default smilies with new ones, but they seem to be distorted because the old size of the gif is being used.

Which file contains the smilie sizes (for the default ones)?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The database should contain all of the sizes.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Addict
Addict
Aren't the default ones are stored somewhere in one of the files, I recall having to make the changes manually a while back when I moved from Classic to Threads.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

If I remember correctly, I had to adjust a few in phpMyAdmin because I was overwriting other smilies, etc, too.

Browse ubbt_GRAEMLINS and adjust dimensions as needed.

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Most anything that "can" change is stored in databases, most static content is stored in flat files; so in the case of smilies, where others can add more, they'd be in the database (as jgeoff kindly provided the table name)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Addict
Addict
Thanks guys. Forgive me for asking, but what's the best way to browse and edit this database table? What program/command would be the easiest way out here?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
PHPMyAdmin is best for most users.

Myself, I use SQLYog for all of my db work.

N
N Offline
Just a warning if you do use phpmyadmin...be sure to secure it. There's lots of unsafe phpmyadmin installations out there in the wild.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I've used SQLYog and it's cheaper but recently been using Navicat and think I might buy it (or at least have work buy it)

http://www.webyog.com

http://www.navicat.com/

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yeh, don't just leave a live sqlyog sitting there witout using a user/password lol... I rather like the cookie auth they have for it, but even then i also hide it under a .htpasswd

nt, i have a client who's used it, but i've never had the chance, I rather do like sqlyog,, one of my business partners gt me addicted to it lol

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You know, I must say that I do like the overall feel of navicat; but theres one feature it lacks that I have in SQLYog...

In SQLYog I can create an SSH -> SQL Tunnel (or what I do actually use is the PHP -> SQL tunnel) which is a requirement for several of my sites that aren't on my vps...

Most webhosts don't allow (nor will they allow) external (off server) conenctions to their mysql server, which SQL yog has 2 options to subvert this which is why I love their product wink...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Wait, scratch that; it'd seem it does come with an alternative php AND ssh tunnel, as well as support for SSL which could be kinda fun if your server supports SSL wink...

So it is comparable with SQLYog, thoughI'm not sue if it offers the advanced features that 99% of users would never touch wink...

*Edit 1*
Just found another thing I don't like about Navicat, when you open a table it shows ALL data, versus only calling like 20 rows and asking if you want to see more... I'm sure theres a setting somewhere, but wow thats a lot of data loading up my forum posts table lol...

*Edit 2*
Ahh here it is, conveniently hidden in the table options page... I think 1000 records at once is a bit more than what anyone would need by default lol...

After fiddling with it a smidge it's not too shabby, they should make options a bit easier to work with (as in on the table display page vs hidden in a ton of options) but it can do what it's supposed to do... Although I refuse to buy software and it's tag (you're looking at $100+) is a bit more than I care to flush down the toilet wink... At least SQLYog is somewat affordable in comparison ($27 single user)

Last edited by Gizmo; 01/15/2007 1:47 AM.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well one thing I don't like about Navicat is that it does not support things like ALTER, INSERT, UPDATE as part of the Query Builder. Support says maybe in the future.

Well I'm not as big a user as you may be either and most of mine are within my own network.

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by NapalmDotNet
Just a warning if you do use phpmyadmin...be sure to secure it. There's lots of unsafe phpmyadmin installations out there in the wild.

What do you mean about securing phpmydmin? I just run the default one that I got with my dedicated server...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
He means, don't just set your username and password in the configuration file and allow it to sit there without some sort of authentication so that random users can access it freely if they figure out the url.

NT:
SQLYog allows that just fine wink... For a third of the cost lol

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yeah, I've tried them both. Just like the Navicat GUI better myself. As with UBBT if you hang in there long enough most of your suggestions will come to be (as long as they're not way off in left field). whistle

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by Gizmo
He means, don't just set your username and password in the configuration file and allow it to sit there without some sort of authentication so that random users can access it freely if they figure out the url.

Ah, OK. Luckily Phpmyadmin always asks for login/password data. smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Conrad
Ah, OK. Luckily Phpmyadmin always asks for login/password data. smile
If you set it to anyway, by default it'll allow anyone into your database assuming you're advanced enough to password protect a directory... It's a real shame too lol...

Myself i like the cookie auth feature for PHPMyAdmin wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29